Crush ignoring your texts? Rather than biting your nails in anticipation and freaking out over your words. Ignored texts don't mean they are not into you. There are lots of reasons a text might go unanswered. Find out some cute and fun ways to try to get your texts noticed.
Why Aren't They Answering
When you text someone with whom you don't already have a relationship, no response could mean any number of things:
- They hate texting.
- They don't text people they don't know.
- They prefer other forms of communication.
- They're very busy and don't pay attention to their texts.
- Network issues caused the text to go undelivered.
- They don't know how to respond.
- They have no interest in texting with you.
- They are already in another relationship.
For Your Crush
Texting your crush can be scary. Especially if you've worked up the courage to send that first text, and they haven't texted you back. Don't freak out and start dying of heart break just yet. Give it one more go before you call it quits.
A text can easily get missed. There's no rule that says you can't send a text asking, "Did you get my text from yesterday?" On the other hand, you don't want to follow that text up with "Hello?" and then "Are you ignoring me?" and then "You are such a jerk." Before you send follow-up texts, always consider that the person may not have their phone on them and imagine what your texts will look like should the person receive them all at once. If you're uncomfortable blatantly asking why your texts haven't been answered, try some of these fun or flirty lines to get them engaged.
- "My phone is sad... it's missing your answer."
- "Just stopping in to say hey! Hope you have a fabulous day."
- "Wanna chat? My phone is always available (wink emoji)."
- "I just saw the funniest meme. Want me to show you?"
- "Hey! Did you see that (insert funny video)? LOL, right?"
- "Haven't heard from you in a while, everything cool?"
- "Hey cutie, I'm waiting for your reply."
- "Texting myself is getting boring. Wanna join the fun?"
It may just be that your crush isn't comfortable texting - some people prefer to talk over the phone or in person. If you've made no effort to speak to your crush other than sending texts, it may be time to work up the courage to have a conversation with them in person. This is especially true if your crush is a secret crush that nobody else knows about and you make an effort to ignore them when you see them at school or work; this can be confusing to the person and make it to where they don't want to reply to your texts. If speaking in person isn't an option, try these:
- "I think it'd be fun to get to know each other. Call me sometime."
- "Is your phone shy too? Let's Facetime instead?"
- "Texting is so overrated. Hit me up on (insert favorite social media)."
- "Check out my snaps. I made one for you."
- "Do you want to make beautiful streaks together?"
- "Your feed is amazing. Let's chat about it on Facebook?"
Repeated Ignored Texts
If you've tried to talk with your crush and still your texts go unanswered, it's a good idea to bring it up in a face-to-face conversation. This can be as simple as, "Hey, I notice you don't respond to my texts." This can lead to a revealing conversation. If you still haven't spoken to your crush and your texts continue to go unanswered, it's probably time to stop texting. If you want to declare the end to your texting attempts, these might work:
- "I think your cool. Hit me up in the hallway sometime."
- "If you're bored, message me."
- "I get it. If you change your mind, you know where to find me."
- "It'd be fun to get to know each other. Text me if you change your mind."
- "Texting myself isn't fun, but if you ever wanna chat. You know my number."
Never Underestimate the Power of GIFs and Emojis
Words are great but images might be the connection that you need. Whether it's a well-timed GIF or an emoji, this might get you that response you want. Maybe instead of a text saying your phone is sad, you could message a sad face. A funny GIF is also the perfect way to make a great connection. You can have a whole conversation without every texting a word and people love to one up each other. Remember use your humor to its fullest.
When you're in a brand-new relationship and your texts go unanswered, it may be a sign that you need to have a frank conversation with your new partner in order to set communication boundaries. Of course, the same reasons listed above may pertain to a new relationship, but if it's a repeated problem despite your stated concerns, you don't have to simply accept it. Consistent disregard can be a sign that it's time to end the relationship. A quick text saying, "Please respond to my text - I need your answer" going unanswered means that your partner is intentionally ignoring your texts, and that's a problem, but try these if speaking plainly doesn't suit you:
- "Here sits your boyfriend, awaiting a text response from his girlfriend. Will it ever come? Stay tuned, dear viewers!"
- "Your texts make me laugh! And I'm in desperate need of a smile."
- "Waiting for that super sexy boyfriend/girlfriend to text me back."
- "I miss you babe. I love to read your texts."
- "Fun is waiting to be had. Just say the word."
- "Attention World! I want my awesome super sexy girlfriend to text me back."
- "Reply needed STAT! LOL"
- "Boyfriend's reply needed on aisle 3. Girlfriend is waiting."
Talk About It
Perhaps your partner is scatterbrained or disorganized - they may think they've answered your texts but haven't or might just forget to check their texts altogether. Texting may not be the best way to contact your partner during the day, especially if they are at work or school all day. Or maybe texts annoy your partner. If any of these things are true, a truthful conversation can solve a great deal of the issue. If you've already had the conversation but your texts still go unanswered, try these:
- "You know I'm waiting for an answer, please text me back."
- "I know you're busy, but I've been waiting for your response all day."
- "You know how upset I get waiting, please respond."
- "I know you hate texts but it's important you respond."
- "I'm patiently waiting for a reply. (smiley face emoji)"
- "It's hard to call right now so if you could text back that would be awesome."
Don't Take Offense
If you have a conversation with your partner and it's revealed that texts annoy them during the day and you agree to not text unless necessary, don't get upset if your unnecessary texts annoy them. Better yet, don't send unnecessary texts when you know your partner doesn't want them. At this point, it's a matter of respecting each other's boundaries and stated preferences. If you text out of habit after promising you won't, a follow-up apology may be in order:
- "Sorry babe, my fingers slipped."
- "Sorry, it was a Fingerian slip. Freud had nothing to do with it."
- "My fingers missed you. Call me later."
- "Sorry, my bad."
- "I'm sorry, I'll do better next time."
- "Sorry, sometimes I forget. Forgetfulness is part of my charm, right?"
- "I'm sorry bae. (sad face emoji)"
Sign of Disrespect
What about a long-term relationship where your partner suddenly stops responding to your texts? Abrupt changes like this can signify bigger issues - but do not guarantee a problem. It's certainly worth a conversation. If you choose to be confrontational via text, here are some options that get straight to the point:
- "I don't understand why you suddenly stopped replying."
- "Houston, do we have a problem?"
- "So is this like a 'Bye Felicia' moment?"
- "Is there a problem, I don't know about?"
- "Is there a reason you aren't texting back?"
Engaging Texts May Help
If you typically send texts that don't require a response, it's no surprise when no response occurs. Instead of sending a statement like, "What a rough day" send, "I'm having a rough day - how about you?" And if your partner is generally busy during the day, don't send interrupting texts and expect a thoughtful response. Ask your partner what types of texts they like and appreciate and perhaps save texts for urgent matters, if necessary.
Getting Your Crush to Answer
Whether you're just crushing or in a brand new relationship, getting an ignored text can send you into a panic. However, don't just assume that you've been shot down. Rather give it a second try. Be engaging, have fun and don't forget the visuals.