The love between two people, whether of the same or opposite sex, expressed in words can be sweet, poetic or witty. While gay couples can find inspiration in any love quotes, these examples embrace the unique nature of same-sex relationships.
Man to Man
If you want to tell your man exactly how much you love him, these quotes can help. Use them as-is in texts and love notes or add a personal twist.
- The most inherently masculine thing I can do is throw caution to the wind and love you.
- Society says men aren't supposed to show emotion or love each other, but my love for you can't be contained.
- Let my loving arms embrace you for all eternity with all the strength of man.
- My sexual orientation points to nothing more than my love for one man, you.
- Gay is an understatement, what I feel for you is love!
Woman to Woman
The love between two women is as unique and special as any other relationship. Help your girlfriend or wife see how much she means to you with these thoughtful suggestions.
- The power of a woman + a woman = infinite love.
- I did not fall in love with you, your love pushed me to it.
- Women are born to love and care for others, so this love was destined from our start.
- A softer touch I could not know than the love of a woman like you caressing my soul.
- Woman to woman, heart to heart, there is no force strong enough to tear our love apart.
Just as all people take pride in who they are, gay couples can show pride in their love with strong phrases like these.
- This love we share is real even if others can't deal.
- Our love transcends hate because you are my soul mate.
- I am proud to love you as your love inflates my pride.
- Love like mine is reserved for a (man or woman) like you because no one else is deserving.
- Life is full of choices, Loving you isn't one of them - I have no control over that.
Long Distance Love
Couples living in separate towns, states or countries rely on communication to keep their love going strong. Let your significant other know how you feel with resilient messages about your feelings.
- I'd like to reroute all pride parades and bring my love to you in the form of a joyous celebration.
- I have waited this long to love you in the open, I can wait an eternity to have in my arms again.
- I once had to love you from afar because the world said it was subpar, now I love you from near or far because my love is where you are.
- The world may be driving a wedge between us, but it only motivates our love to hold on tighter.
- My love is like a rainbow where one end starts in my heart and the other leads to the treasure that is in yours.
If these phrases don't work for your needs, look for romantic quotes from other cultures, like French love quotes, or find inspiration in love sayings from famous people throughout history.
- Thought leader Dr. DaShanne Stokes says "The power of love is that it sees all people."
- Pop star Boy George once said "There's this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That's completely untrue. Everyone wants to be loved."
- "You don't fall in love with the gender. You fall in love with the person." is an anonymous popular quote used in memes.
- As President Barack Obama said after a landmark Supreme Court case on same-sex marriage, "Love is love."
- Find inspiring quotes from participants in gay pride celebrations on the International Business Times website.
Speak for Love
Love is a multifaceted emotion where individuals seek to convey a specific message by showing and telling their feelings. Help your significant other understand the strength and depth of your love with sentimental quotes and sayings.