It's not always easy to put your feelings into words, but writing a love letter is actually easier than you might expect. All it takes is a few inspirational love letter prompts to get your pen moving over the paper and your feelings down on the page. Pretty soon, you'll have your special someone smiling or even dabbing away a tear when they read what you've written.
Cute Prompts for Writing a Love Letter
Write a message that's almost as adorable as they are with these love letter prompts for boyfriends, girlfriends, or partners. These sweet ideas make it easy to get started, whether you're writing a longer message or need a short love note prompt to inspire you.
- When do you think your someone is cute, even when they aren't aware of it?
- What are the three most adorable qualities your loved one has?
- Talk about a moment your partner did something super funny and why you thought that was cute.
- What is your pet name for your special someone? How did you choose it?
- Think of a favorite food and tell all the ways your boyfriend or girlfriend are even better than that treat.
- What's your favorite part of their body? Why do you find it adorable?
- What do they do that makes you laugh?
- If you were going to describe your girlfriend or boyfriend to someone else, how would you get the other person to realize how cute they are?
- What makes your partner happy? How do you feel when you make them happy?
- What's the most adorable memory you have of your time together so far?
- What are all the reasons you love them? What quirky things do you love?
Getting started is the hardest part about writing a love letter, but once you begin writing, it gets easier. One good way to start a love letter is with a really specific compliment about the person's features or personality. This gets their attention and lets them know how special you think they are.
Touching Love Letter Prompts for Him, Her, or Them
Want to write a love letter that will make them cry? If you want to write a really touching love letter to your husband, wife, partner, or anyone else, it's all about being vulnerable and sharing those things that really matter to you.
We love these heartfelt prompts that can help you get started:
- What was the moment you knew this relationship was special?
- What does this person do that makes you feel truly seen?
- How has your love inspired you to be a better person?
- How has this person been there when you really needed them? Why did that matter so much to you?
- How did your partner teach you about love? What have you learned together?
- Describe the moment you realized you needed your partner in your life.
- What are some of the ways you imagine the two of you having a future together?
- Is there something about the person that makes your heart skip a beat? What do you think is miraculous about them?
- What specific things do you treasure most about your relationship?
- When have you seen your special someone overcome something really difficult? What did this tell you about them?
Deep Love Letter Prompts to Help You Open Up
If your connection is very deep and significant, it can be difficult to know what to write in a love letter to convey that depth of feeling. These powerful prompts will help you share those deep, meaningful thoughts with your girlfriend, boyfriend, or significant other:
- What is something that reminds you of the depth of your love for your partner? Use nature, outer space, or anything else you choose and describe how that thing is like your love.
- What are some of the ways this person inspires you every day?
- What are you grateful for about your partner?
- How does this person make you feel loved? How do you hope you make them feel?
- What is something about your partner that you see and appreciate but they don't know about themselves?
- How has this person changed your life?
- Have you gone through something challenging together? What did you learn about your relationship from that experience?
- When you imagine your life without this person, how do you feel? What about when you think about them in your life forever?
- What is it about this person that makes you feel emotionally safe?
- How do you know this is the kind of love that lasts?
Love Letters That Come From the Heart
Love letter prompts can help you get started writing, but it's also helpful to look at examples of love letters for even more inspiration. Take some time to think about the person you love and brainstorm some of the specific things that make them so amazing. Then pick up your pen, and get started. No matter what you write, they'll love it if it comes from the heart.