Knowing how and when to confirm a date ensures you sound casual when you do it. No one wants to be stood up, so if you haven't been in communication since first making the date, it's perfectly fine to confirm your date.
How to Confirm a Date and Be Cool
You want to confirm your date since things can come up suddenly that interfere with plans. You can easily send a text message to confirm your date. Just act natural and you'll appear to be cool. You can say thing such as:
- "Is 7 too early to pick you up tonight?"
- "Do you have a favorite place you'd like to eat?"
- "I was thinking we could go see X movie tonight. Would that work or is there another you'd like to see?"
- "Would you prefer to meet me, can I send an Uber, or would you like me to pick you up?"
- "I'm really looking forward to hanging out tonight. What time would you like to meet?"
When Should You Text to Confirm a Date?
At the time you first make the date, you should confirm it. It's easy to be causal by simply stating or texting you look forward to seeing the person and then state the date and time.
Confirm the Day Before Your Date
It's common to confirm the date on the day before, since things can come up and plans can change. You can text something such as:
- "Can't wait to see you tomorrow night."
- "Looking forward to dinner tomorrow night."
- "Checking in to make sure we're still on for tomorrow night."
Who Should Confirm the Date?
Who confirms the date depends on the individuals and the circumstances surrounding the need to confirm it. For example, if you haven't heard from your date the day before, you may want to send a short text to confirm your date is still on.
- "Hi, excited about tonight. See you at 7:30 pm."
- "I can't wait to try the new menu at Mario's tonight. See you at 6 pm."
- "I'm able to get off work a little early, so I'll be on time for our date tonight at 6 pm."
- "Found this great article about the theater. I can't wait to see the renovations with you, tonight. See you at 7:30 pm."
- "I've been looking forward to hearing this band all week. See you this evening at 8 pm."
How to Confirm a Date With a Guy via Text
If you haven't heard from your guy by the day before your date, you may need to take the initiative.
- Send a text on the morning of your date.
- Plan the timing of your text by keeping in mind if he's working or if he's in classes.
- If you don't know his schedule, then 9 to 10 AM is a good time frame for sending your text.
- It's possible he was waiting to text you in the morning, so you may want to wait until noon, but no later. You could text, "Excited about going to the concert tonight. See you at 8."
How to Confirm a Date With a Girl via Text
You can text your girl the day or night before your date. You want her to know you'll be there and you're expecting her to be. You can then text her when you're on your way or if you're leaving work, you could simply text, "I'm leaving work. Looking forward to seeing you in thirty minutes." This is just common courtesy, and she'll appreciate your attentiveness.
How to Confirm a Date Without Sounding Desperate
Whenever you text to confirm a date, it's best to be very casual about it. Choose your words, so you don't come off sounding nervous, anxious, or scared. Take time to make your text complete, but not overly long and detailed. You expect your date to be as excited as you are, so approach your texting with confidence. One very causal way to confirm your date is to expand it beyond your initial date to include dinner or a movie. You might use the weather as a pivoting point for your text. A few examples include:
- "Looking forward to seeing you again. See you at 6:30 pm."
- "Want to grab an early dinner before the movie tomorrow night? Instead of picking you up at 7:30 pm, I can swing by at 5:30 pm. Let me know if that sounds good."
- "After watching the weather report for tomorrow night, I'm looking for my umbrella! See you tomorrow night at 7:30. Until then, keep dry!"
- "When I thought about the game tomorrow night, I had a sudden craving for a hotdog. See you at 6 pm. Be prepared to eat hotdogs!"
How to Best Confirm a Date With Finesse
Confirm your date in a way that is natural and feels casual. With a little finesse, you can confirm your date with great ease and style. And if you ever need to cancel because something came up, learn how to reschedule a date so you don't seem like you're being rude.