It is always a good time to tell someone that you love them. While there are a million ways to express your admiration and devotion to the object of your affections, sometimes it is simply best to come out and say it straight away. There is no mincing of words with these romantic love quotes.
Stop Your Heart Movie/Television Love Quotes
When these television and film characters professed their love onscreen, it was a mic-drop moment.
- "Please know, when I drift off and be like everything lately, I'm fine. I'm totally fine. I dream about you. Because it's always you." - Avengers: Endgame, Tony Stark
- "You had me at hello."- Jerry McGuire, Dorthy Boyd
- "I believe that we could be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart." - Grey's Anatomy, Meredith Grey
- "It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you." - The Fault in our Stars, Augustus Waters
- "What is grief, if not love persevering." - Wanda Vision, Vision
- "I hate that I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." - 10 Things I Hate About You, Kat Stratford
- "No measure of time with you will be long enough. But, we'll start with forever." - Twilight, Edward
- "Three words. Eight letters. Say it and I'm yours." - Gossip Girl, Blair Waldorf
- "I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." - Notting Hill, Anna Scott
- "Most of my life I felt alone, even when I was with people. That was until I met you." - Pretty Little Liars, Caleb Rivers
- "You are the moon of my life. That is all I know, and all I need to know. And if this is a dream, I will kill the man who tries to wake me." - Game of Thrones, Khal Drogo
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." - Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Arwen
- "You want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down." - It's a Wonderful Life, George Bailey
- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there and you're in it and I'm sharing it with you." - Gilmore Girls, Luke Dane
Lyrical Love Quotes
No one captures raw emotion like a musician in love. These lyrics have love oozing out of them.
- "And when you smile. The whole world stops and stares for a while. 'Cause girl, you're amazing. Just the way you are."- Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars
- "If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting...time after time." - Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper
- "And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't wanna go home right now." -Iris, Goo Goo Dolls
- "Hit me like a ray of sun, burning through my darkest night. You're the only one that I want. Think I'm addicted to your light." - Halo, Beyonce
- "'Cause all of me loves all of you." - All of Me, John Legend
- "Never opened myself this way. Life is ours, we live it our way." - Nothing Else Matters, Metallica
- "All I ever wanted, all I ever needed, is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary. They can only do harm." -Enjoy the Silence, Depeche Mode
- "God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you." - God Blessed the Broken Road, Rascal Flatts
- "While I'm off chasing my own dreams, sailing around the world. Please know that I'm yours to keep, my beautiful girl." - The Girl, City and Color
- "However far away, I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you." - Lovesong, The Cure
- "And baby, the way you move me it's crazy. It's like you see right through me." -You Are the Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne
- "My body aches when I ain't with you, I have zero strength. There's no limit on how far I would go, no boundaries, no lengths." - Space Bound, Eminem
- "I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet." - Kiss Me, Ed Sheeran
- "I promise that I'll hold you when it's cold out when we lose our winter coats in the spring. 'Cause lately I was thinking I never told you, that every time I see you my heart sings" - Nervous, Gavin James
- "I thought love wasn't meant to last, I thought you were just passing through. If I ever get the nerve to ask, what did I get right to deserve somebody like you?" - Wasn't Expecting That, Jamie Lawson
- "I'll be there 'til the stars don't shine, 'til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme. And I know when I die, you'll be on my mind, and I'll love you, always." - Bon Jovi, Always
I Love You Quotes From Literature
If you can't seem to find the words to express your love, look to literary geniuses for inspiration on quotes about love.
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
- "I wish I had done everything on earth with you." - The Great Gatsby, Daisy Buchanan
- "Do I love you? My God if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches." - The Princess Bride, William Goldman
- "I never had a moment's doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life." - Atonement, Ian McEwan
- "Time was passing like a hand waving from a train I wanted to be on. I hope you never have to think about anything as much as I think about you." - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer
- "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." - My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult
- "Don't ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it." - Jazz, Toni Morrison
- "If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you in all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one." - The Evolution of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin
- "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I love you and admire you." - Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen
- "So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you." - The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
- "I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain." - Bright Star, John Keats
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë
- "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." - Persuasion, Jane Austen
- "Each time you happen to me all over again." - Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
- "You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought." - The White Company, Arthur Conan Doyle
- "Always." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling
Quotes for a New and Budding Love
Your love is new, exciting, and a bit frightening. You don't want to overdo your sentiments, but you want the person you adore to know that you are all the way in this thing.
- You came into my life and now suddenly all things seem possible.
- You are everything I never knew I needed.
- Into this love, I blindly stumbled and I have never been so grateful for my clumsiness.
- With you, I am ready for anything that life throws at me.
- If this love should cease, and my heart should end up broken, know that you were worth the fall.
- I'm not sure where this love with end up, but I'm excited to simply enjoy the ride.
- This new chapter is my most favorite one in the entire book.
- With you, I see the world through fresh eyes, a clear mind, and an open heart.
- With one look, I knew that from then on, I would never be the same.
Timeless Love Quotes for Your Soulmate
He/she is your forever person and while your winding road has been riddled with bumps and roadblocks, here you guys are, still standing side by side. These I love you quotes are for the couples that fell hard and never looked back.
- "Love seems the swiftest but is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." - Mark Twain
- I vow to love you for forever plus a day.
- I still remember the first time we kissed. Just kidding, that was at least a million years ago!
- You are the greatest marathon of my life.
- You are the sun in my life. You have warmed me, illuminated me, and blinded me with your love.
- It took nothing to fall in love, but everything to make it last for a lifetime.
- You are the only thing that I have never quit.
- Since meeting you, I have fallen in love every single day of my life.
- The key was never finding a perfect person, but creating a perfect love.
- Your love is the sweetest song and I care not to ever hear another tune again.
- Of all the gifts I have been given, none compare to the gift of your love.
Quotes for Long Distance Lovers
He/she is far apart in distance, but always right there in your heart.
- I don't need to see him, feel him, or smell him because I know that he is always there.
- Separated by space, but never apart. Our love has no boundaries and that way it shall remain.
- My home is in your heart.
- In the turbulent seas of life, you are my lifeboat.
- "I exist in two places, here and where you are." - Margaret Atwood
- When someone you love means so much, the distance between you instantly means very little.
- Being apart is merely physical, as our souls are forever connected.
- When you have true love, you are truly never lonely.
- Loving you is the easiest thing I have ever done. Missing you is the hardest thing I have ever done.
- Distance makes the heart grow fonder and larger so that when reunited it may swallow that person up entirely.
Funny Love Quotes
Your love is no laughing matter, but your delivery can be! These quotes work great for a partnership full of love, laughter, banter, and fun.
- You are my most favorite thing, after wine.
- "Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are." - Will Ferrell
- Love is like a box of chocolates. There are good ones and bad ones, but never ones you regret.
- Whoever said love is patient and love is kind clearly never met my hangry partner.
- You take up my entire heart, much like you take up the entire bed.
- Nothing comes close to the joy that love brings, except a room full of puppies and chocolate. That comes pretty darn close.
- There is nothing I wouldn't do for you, except shave my legs in wintertime. That's never happening.
- I vow to always put your needs first unless Grey's Anatomy is on.
- Find someone to look at you the same way you look at cake.
- A man's main job is to protect his woman from her desire to "get bangs" every other month." - Actor Dax Shepard
- If loving you is wrong, then I care not to be right, and that is a true first.
- "She makes the base drop in my heart." -Jason Mendoza, The Good Place
- Love means only getting a corner of the sheets to sleep with for the rest of your life.
- I'll never leave you, my love, because, at this point, neither of us can financially survive a split.
- "I asked my dad once, 'How did you and Mum stay married for 33 years?' And he said, 'Well, we never wanted to get divorced at the same time.'" - Gwyneth Paltrow
- There are only two things in life that I can't get enough of, you and coffee.
- "I love my husband, but no matter where we are, I make him sleep closest to the door so if anything happens, he gets murdered first." - Writer, Jessica Valenti
Love Is Uniquely Yours
The beautiful thing about love is that every relationship is as unique as a grain of sand or a snowflake. There is no pair quite like you and your significant other, and that in itself is something to celebrate. Tell your person that you love them, however, it suits you best. Like your love, the way you express your feelings can and should be completely original and tailored to your story.