Are you kind of over Valentine's Day? Don't worry; you're not alone. Whether you're in a relationship, happily single, or healing a broken heart, it's OK to opt out of celebrating V-Day this year. Use an anti-Valentine's Day quote or caption that expresses this sentiment to let others know you're not a fan of February 14th. You don't need to have a holiday set aside to focus on celebrating yourself or the ones you love. Embrace all the things that are important to you in life every day.
Anti-Valentine's Day Instagram Captions
Being anti-Valentine's Day doesn't mean you're against love, roses, or chocolate. Let your friends and followers (and maybe even your ex…) know what you're up to with an anti-Valentine's Day caption that's perfect for Instagram.
- I'm not yours, you're not mine. Be my anti-Valentine.
- Wishing a very merry unvalentine's to you.
- Love is grand, but Valentine's Day gets a little out of hand.
- I'm not celebrating Valentine's Day, I'm celebrating Single's Awareness Day!
- Roses are red, violets are whatever. Will you be my anti-Valentine forever?
- I'm not anti-love, I'm just anti-Valentine's Day.
- Oh, I thought you said "Be wine"…
- This is a Cupid-free zone.
- Happy "Day Before Discount Chocolate" Day!
- Love is in the air today. Try not to breathe.
- Cupid rhymes with stupid.
- Let's celebrate love every day, not just today. #antivalentinesday
- Chocolate, jewelry, wine, and candy. If you don't celebrate Valentine's Day, that's just dandy.
- Valentine's schmalentine's.
- Team no Valentine.
- I don't need a Valentine; I need a nap.
- Romance disappoints, friends are forever. #galentinesday
- Not today, Cupid.
- Who needs a Valentine's date when there's Netflix?
Funny Anti-Valentine's Day Quotes for Couples
Choosing not to celebrate Valentine's Day isn't a reflection of your relationship. Send your partner a funny anti-Valentine's Day quote in a text, or write them a little note to let them know you love them on February 14th and every other day of the year, too.
- There's no one else I'd rather annoy today and every day. Happy Anti-Valentine's Day.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm only sending you this because society has conditioned me to.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I hate everyone, but I tolerate you.
- I love you every day, not just on Valentine's Day.
- Let's skip today and stay in bed.
- Roses, chocolate, red wine, and Cupid. Valentine's Day is kind of stupid. Happy Anti-Valentine's Day!
- I love you as much as I hate Valentine's Day.
- If I had feelings, they'd be for you.
- I hate you the least. Happy Anti-Valentine's Day!
Well-Known Anti-Valentine's Day Quotes
Celebs experience heartache too. These quotes by well-known people show that Valentine's Day is just another day.
- "Oh here's an idea: let's make pictures of our internal organs and give them to other people we love on Valentine's Day. That's not weird at all." - Jimmy Fallon
- "I'm anti-Valentine's Day. I don't believe - and this goes for anybody - your man shouldn't love you for one day out of 365. He should love you 365 days out of the year. I want Valentine's Day every day." - Carrie Underwood
- "Valentine's Day is often times a, well, it's a manufactured day that doesn't really mean anything." - Jon Stewart
- "I don't really think of Valentine's Day as much of a holiday, you should show love for people you care about every day." - John O'Callaghan
- "Valentine's Day is for couples. Us singles have the other 364 days of the year to enjoy ourselves!" - Unknown
- "You don't have to wait until valentine's day to show someone how much they mean to you." - Unknown
Happy Anti-Valentine's Day!
Instead of celebrating Valentine's Day, why not plan an anti-Valentine's event? Throw an anti-Valentine's Day party, organize a horror movie night, have a self-care day, or simply go about your day as if it were any other. Loving yourself and loving others is what's important, whether you choose to celebrate it on a designated holiday or not.