You may have a difficult time figuring out if a girl is interested in you as more than a friend. There are a few signs to look out for that can give you some clarity.
Knowing if a Girl Likes You
It can be super exciting to suspect that a girl has a crush on you, especially if you like her too. Keep a lookout for some major signs that she's into you so you can decide what your next move is.
Body language can be a great tell when it comes to attraction. See if you notice her:
- Turning towards you: When people are attracted to each other, they unconsciously face each other as a way to feel connected.
- Mirroring: If she mirrors or mimics your gestures and expressions she is unconsciously trying to get in sync with you.
- Smiling often: If she smiles often while talking to you, she may be trying to draw you in and signal that she enjoys your company.
What She Says
She may say things to you that give you some direction as to whether or not she's interested in pursuing a relationship with you. She may:
- Compliment you: If she's attracted to you, she may comment on your appearance, clothes, and talents to express that she finds these qualities appealing.
- Ask for your opinion: If she's considering dating you, she will probably ask to hear your opinion on issues and topics that are important to her to see if you are well matched for each other.
- Find any excuse to connect or communicate: If she goes out of her way to talk to you and takes an interest in what you have to say, there is a good chance that she wants to spend more time with you.
- Show interest in your hobbies: She may convey a curiosity in activities that you like to find some common ground with you and connect.
- Offer to help you: She may say that she'd be happy to help you out with anything you're struggling with, or just hear you out if you're having a bad day.
What Her Friends Say
Her friends may check in with you to see how you feel about her so they can report back to her. If you like her too, you may want to tell her friends or give them some hint if you're interested in dating her. If she knows you like her too, she may ask you out, or be more receptive to going out with you if her friends like you.
Behaviors She May Exhibit
If she likes you, she may try to come in contact with you as often as possible. This way she can get to know you better, while conveying that she's interested in seeing you.
- Touching you often: If she's attracted to you she may touch your arm, hug you, or playfully touch you as a way to connect with you.
- Blushing when your name is brought up: Notice is she becomes flushed when your name is brought up or feels embarrassed when talking about you with others. This could mean she likes you.
- Holding eye contact: If she gazes into your eyes and holds eye contact a bit longer than a friend would, this could indicate that she is attracted to you.
- Exhibiting open gestures: When people feel uncomfortable, they may close their body off by crossing their arms, avoiding eye contact, and turning away from who they are speaking with. The opposite is true if someone likes you, so they may leave their arms relaxed, point their bodies towards you, and find ways to get close to you physically.
Finding Out if a Girl Likes You
Although these signs can give you some hints as to which way she's leaning, the best way to find out for sure is to talk with her about it. If you aren't interested in dating her, let her know in a kind and compassionate way. If you're interested, you can try asking her out for a date and getting to know each other better.