Plenty of Fish (oftentimes shortened simply as POF) is a dating site that aims to create long lasting, meaningful relationships for its users. Around 70,000 new people join each day, and they offer dating services in the United States, Brazil, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and Mexico.
Dating on Plenty of Fish
Signing up is quick and easy. Simply fill out the registration page on the website. You will have to fill out some personal information, like your ethnicity and gender, and create a username and password. You will then be allowed to create your profile and add a profile picture.
Plenty of Fish boasts a personality test that you can choose to take. This test scores you on self confidence, family orientation, self control, social dependency/openness, and easygoingness. This test takes around 20 minutes to complete. Once completed, you will able to see your most compatible matches and have access to your test results. This may give you some insight into your own personality and relationship patterns.
Potential dates are also organized by location so you can see who is close by. The site updates frequently with how many members are online; the average is usually around 470,000 users.
Zero Tolerance Policy
The site takes offenses very seriously and has a zero tolerance policy for users who are married, make rude or offensive comments, and send inappropriate pictures. If a certain user gets blocked by several people, they may also be removed from the site completely. POF also protects its users by only allowing women to send private images.
Plenty of Fish users used to range between the ages of 25 and 35, but now are tending towards the ages of 30 to 40. Like other sites that promote more serious relationships, POF users are highly incentivized to connect through matching with compatible others by using features such as their personality quiz, as well as taking advantage of their extensive chat features.
Users on this site tend to be seeking out committed relationships, and the site displays a live feed of Twitter activity showcasing married matches, and highly committed relationships that were formed on POF.
Plenty of Fish won the 2018 Dating Site Reviews Single's Choice Award for Best Free Dating Site. Like other dating sites, there are some great aspects, as well as some features that users do not seem to enjoy.
Plenty of Fish Pros
Some features that users tend to like include:
- It is free to set up.
- You can access other profiles for free.
- The initial personality quiz helps find compatible matches.
- Multiple other quizzes can further improve your matches.
- POF takes violations of their terms seriously.
- They will protect users by removing someone who has been blocked by multiple people.
- Mobile apps are available for Apple and Android devices.
- The site features a helpful blog that discusses dating tips and success stories about other users.
Plenty of Fish Cons
Although POF has some great features, there are a few complaints that many users reported. These include:
- You might get overwhelmed by the number of matches you accumulate as it is not limited to a certain number per day.
- The site caters to an older age range, so it may not be great for younger daters.
- POF is probably not ideal for someone who is hoping to date casually.
- The mobile app can be challenging for some to navigate.
Finding the Perfect Match
If you are looking for a serious relationship, and are in the age range of 30 to 40 years old, then Plenty of Fish may be the right dating site for you. With its international presence, large user base, and free-to-use site and app, POF caters to a wide variety of people looking for love.