If you aren't sure how to text a girl you just met, or have liked for a while, better understanding how to make a connection with her can boost your confidence when it comes to reaching out to her. Reading some texting examples can also help you find the communication style you're most comfortable with.
How to Text a Girl
It can be a little scary or anxiety provoking to put yourself out there and attempt to make a connection with a girl you're in to. Although it would be nice if she always returned the same level of interest in you, keep in mind that experiencing rejection is a totally normal part of this process. Rejection does not mean that something is wrong with you, it simply means that you're not what she's drawn to and that's okay. There will be moments when you come across someone who really likes you, but you just don't feel a spark with them. Try to keep this in mind and focus on having fun and figuring out who may be a great fit for you.
How Do You Make a Connection Through Text?
While making a connection through text can come with its challenges, there are ways to genuinely get to know someone:
- Be vulnerable
- Share some observations about her that you really like
- Put yourself out there
- Share something interesting about yourself
- Tell her a story that she can relate to
- Respect her boundaries
- Be true to yourself- pretending to be otherwise can read as fake
How Do You Keep a Girl Interested While Texting?
Think about the last conversation you had that truly captivated you. You were likely discussing something that interested you, shared your thoughts, listened to the other person's thoughts, and didn't feel like there was any awkwardness. To spark her interest and keep the conversation going, try to focus on her, what she likes, and her goals.
- Ask her questions that can't be answered in one word. (I'd love to hear more about your trip to Costa Rica. What was your favorite part of travelling there?)
- Offer up a story that is lighthearted, funny, or sparks interest. (I just ran into someone I haven't seen since I was a little kid, and it totally took me back to eating otter pops in his backyard and playing guess who.)
- Say something thoughtful. (I loved hearing about your volunteer work. You are definitely one of the most caring and compassionate people I've ever met.)
- Share an observation and ask her about her goals. (It sounds like you really love what you do for work. Where do you hope to be in a few years career wise?)
How Do You Make a Connection With a Girl?
Examples of how to make a connection with a girl via text:
- To be completely honest, I was a little nervous to text you, but I knew I'd regret not doing it. I think you're pretty amazing and I'd love to get to know you better.
- I'd love to hear more about what you like to do for fun. I remember you telling me about hiking pretty frequently. Where's your favorite spot to go?
- It's so refreshing to meet someone who is so honest and open. I really loved speaking with you the other night.
How to Text a Girl for the First Time Examples
Whether you want to ask her out on a date, or just continue getting to know her through text, making a good first texting impression is a big deal. Examples of what to text a girl to start a conversation:
- Hi, this is (insert name). It was so great meeting you the other day! Was wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee this week?
- Hi, this is (insert name). It was so nice meeting you and your adorable pup the other night. How are you both doing today?
- Hey (insert her name)! Our mutual friend (insert name) gave me your number- she thought we'd get along great. What are you up to today?
How Do You Nicely Text a Girl?
If you want to send a nice text to a girl, focus on being respectful and avoid making crude jokes or saying anything that may be misconstrued as inappropriate for your level of relational intimacy.
- Hey! I was thinking about you and wanted to see how you are doing today.
- I loved spending time with you the other day. Would you like to go out again? There's this great new pastry shop in my neighborhood that I think you would love!
- In the spirit of being honest, I wanted to tell you how much I like you. I think you are such a beautiful person and I'm so happy I met you.
How to Text a Girl You Like
It can feel nerve wracking to text someone you really like. Having some examples of what to say and figuring out your communication style is can boost your texting confidence so you can work on connecting with the person you're interested in.