Speed dating is a great way to get to know a lot of potential partners or dates in a short amount of time. Asking witty, straightforward questions can help you get to know your date's personality quickly so you can decide if you're interested in getting to know them better.
Asking a few questions about your date's childhood can help you better understand how they grew up. Start by asking:
- Which childhood birthday was your favorite?
- What is your fondest memory of your family?
- What was your favorite game to play as a child?
- What scared you when you were little?
- What story about your childhood do your parents or family always tell again and again?
Flirty Dating Questions
Asking flirty questions shows your date that you're interested in them as more than just a friend. You can try asking:
- What's the sexiest thing a significant other can do for you?
- What are your top three turn-ons?
- What is the most romantic thing I could do for you?
- What do you think your best feature is?
Fun, Creative Speed Dating Questions
Asking lighthearted questions can give you a sense of your date's humor. Give these a try:
- What's the strangest food you've tried?
- Would you rather live in a cabin in the woods or a super busy city?
- What's the weirdest experience you've ever had?
- When is the last time you laughed really, really hard?
Likes and Dislikes
Likes and dislikes can tell you if you're compatible with your date. You can inquire:
- Are you a sweets person, or do you prefer salty?
- Which season is your favorite?
- Which do you like more: crunchy or smooth peanut butter?
- What's the best thing you ever had for breakfast?
- What quirks bother you the most?
Getting to know someone's habits can give you an idea if you two would get along in the day to day grind. Try asking:
- How often do you clean your home?
- What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What's your strangest quirk?
- Do you like routine or are you more go with the flow?
- Have you ever had a bad habit?
Learning the ins and outs of your date is a great way to get to know their personality. You can ask:
- What time of day are you the perkiest?
- What makes you grumpy?
- What's your take on PDA?
- Which comedian or movie makes you laugh the hardest?
- What makes you feel overwhelmed?
- If money were no object, what would you buy for yourself?
- Would you ever go skydiving?
Some people are very into planning for the future while others choose to live more in the moment. Find out how your date views their future by asking:
- How often do you think about the future?
- What would you like to accomplish in the next few months or years?
- Does anything about your future make you nervous?
- What motivates you?
To some people, their career means everything while others just use their job as a means of making a living. Find out how your date views their job by asking:
- What do you enjoy about your career?
- Is this the career path you envisioned for yourself?
- How do you feel about your current job?
- What would you be working on if you didn't need money?
Asking questions about someone's past gives you a glimpse into who they are. Get to know your date by discussing:
- What's the craziest adventure you've ever been on?
- How would your ex describe you in three words?
- Who from your past means the most to you?
Understanding Your Date
Speed dating can be a fun and efficient way to meet several potential solid matches for you. Asking a few good questions can help you get to know your date more quickly so you can decide if they are a good fit for you.