Going through a breakup is never fun. You might get your heart broken or have to break somebody's heart. Even if it's a mutual agreement to go separate ways, you might feel sad about your relationship coming to an end. Some people use social media as an outlet for their feelings after a breakup, for an easy way to express themselves and find support from their peers. If you want to go a similar route, make sure to include a breakup caption to go with your Instagram or other social media post.
Empowering Breakup Captions
Take a deep breath, wipe your tears, and remember that you're an amazing person, with or without a partner. These captions empower you to embrace your newfound singlehood.
- Glad to be back to just me, myself and I!
- I don't need you or anyone else to be happy.
- I love myself and I know my worth.
- Single me is a lot more fun than relationship me!
- I'm even stronger than I knew.
- Trust me, I'll be just fine.
- Look out everyone - I'm single again!
- Being single again is the perfect excuse to grow.
- Time to drink some booze, blast some tunes, and get over you!
- Now I can go back to being my truest self.
- Ready to take on the world, even without you by my side.
- It's time to find myself again - I've missed her.
- I forgot how hot I look as a single person.
- My friends said they missed single me. Well, I'm back!
- And one day, it'll all be okay.
Short Breakup Captions That Pack Some Punch
You don't have to use many words to make a big statement. Try a short caption that's to the point - but the point won't be missed. You may have broken up with your partner, but you're going to be just fine.
- So long, farewell.
- Loving my freedom.
- On to the next one.
- Peace out.
- See you never!
- Leaving you in the past.
- Better off alone.
- Hello again, single me!
- Good riddance.
- Sweet freedom.
- Single and proud.
- Enjoying my own company.
- Better off without you.
- Can finally breathe again.
- Never going back.
Breakup Captions for When You're Heartbroken
Whether you knew the end was approaching or your relationship suddenly came crashing down, heartbreak is real. It may even feel like you will never love or trust another human again. A caption or quote about your broken heart expresses your vulnerability and lets others know that you're not okay.
- These days without you are long and lonely.
- You turned off the lights on us, and I'm surrounded by darkness.
- I wish we could have made this work.
- Hoping this heartbreak is worth it.
- Shocked, numb, and broken.
- I'm still here and still loving you.
- Hope you find whatever it is I couldn't give you.
- My heart's shattered into a thousand pieces, a puzzle I can't solve.
- Trying to find some meaning in this pain.
- I wasn't ready for us to end.
- I know good things can come from this pain, but I'm not sure where to find them.
- Some stories weren't meant to have happy endings.
- Learning how to be okay with not being okay.
- I have no more tears to cry for you.
- Moving on is the only way through this.
- Wondering if I should have done something different.
- You broke me, and I can't forgive that.
Breakup Captions to Throw Some Shade
Breakups can leave a bitter taste in your mouth. When an ex betrays your trust or says hurtful things on the way out, what used to be love can quickly turn into hostility. While we don't recommend being cruel to your ex, you can still clap back with a caption that describes how you really feel.
- I'd rather be single than in an empty relationship.
- What will I do without you? Anything I want to.
- I have enough people that love me; you won't be missed.
- Sorry you'd rather be alone than be loved.
- I'll be okay - but you might not be once you realize how badly you messed up.
- I feel sorry for your next partner.
- Don't hate me for being happier without you.
- If you want to be miserable and lonely, then I get why you left.
- I deserve so much better.
- Sometimes I think about my ex… and wonder what I was thinking.
- Now that I know what fake love feels like, I'm ready to find something real.
- Getting over you has been surprisingly painless.
- You're the one who will be lonely.
- Shining brighter than ever now that you're gone.
- What, you thought I would miss you?
- I guess a loving relationship isn't for everyone.
Positive Breakup Captions to Give You Hope
Eventually, you'll start to realize that your relationship wasn't meant to be. That doesn't mean the breakup was easy, but it does mean that there are better things coming your way. Share some of that inspiration with these hopeful breakup captions.
- I thought we were made for each other, but maybe only for a short time.
- There are brighter things ahead of me.
- I'll miss you, but I know someday this will all make sense.
- We learned a lot and loved a lot, but this good thing had to end.
- It was fun while it lasted, but the future will be even better.
- I know there's someone out there for me.
- Here's to moving on and finding happiness.
- Sad it's over, thankful it happened.
- Never settle for anything less than the best.
- I know I'm a catch, and the right person will appreciate me.
- I've been through a lot in life. I'll get through this, too.
- With friends and family like mine, I know I'll be okay.
- You were one mistake I can learn a lot from.
- The pain I feel today will be my strength tomorrow.
Breakup Captions for When You Ended It
Did you have to end the relationship yourself? Breaking up with someone can be just as painful for you as it is for them. These captions speak to what you might be feeling after breaking up with someone. Remember that no matter why you made your decision, you made the right call for yourself.
- It was time to set myself free.
- Letting you go hurts, but staying together hurts more.
- Love should never feel forced.
- Some lovers are better as friends.
- Faithfulness is a relationship requirement, and you failed to comply.
- I will no longer be held back from following my dreams.
- If you don't get along, it's time to move on.
- This love wasn't meant for us.
- Follow your own path, even if it means you travel alone.
- Like a burning candle, our flame finally fizzled out.
- Sometimes you have to make hard choices to move on with your life.
- It was fine, but I wanted more than fine.
- If you're not the best for each other, let each other go.
- This time, I'm choosing me.
- Now that it's over, it's clear we weren't meant to be.
- You're out of the picture and out of my life.
This Ending Is Just a New Beginning
No matter what complex mixture of emotions you feel after going through a breakup, know that there are better things ahead of you. It may take some time before you start to feel okay again, and that's normal. To encourage that healing, use a breakup quote or caption to remind you why you're better off without that person.