Attending Asian speed dating events in NYC is a great way for busy professionals to find dates and love.
Speed Dating 101
Big cities like New York and Los Angeles are hubs for speed dating. Busy singles can get to know a lot of people in a short amount of time, through short five to seven minute mini dates or socializing activities with like-minded singles. If you're seeking specific criteria in a mate, such as someone of similar ethnicity, age, or even interest, speed dating can also introduce you to a lot of singles who fit your criteria.
Here are some reasons why this style of dating is making headlines:
- Speed dating is an easy, low-key way to meet singles.
- Finding Asian singles at bars can be hard, as you don't know who is single or taken.
- Most people know within a few seconds to a minute or two if they find someone attractive.
- Unlike online dating, speed dating doesn't rely on outdated photos, bad profiles, or long email exchanges. You cut right to the chase.
- After speed dates you only get contact information if both people are agreeable.
Find Asian Speed Dating Events in NYC
New York City is home to just about every ethnic group you can imagine, including Asian women and men, and singles who want to date Asians. Here are some websites who offer speed dating in the area:
New York Minute Dating
New York Minute Dating organizes speed dating for Asian single professionals. They also offer events for other minorities, such as Latinos. The speed dating takes place at bars or clubs with a low entrance fee and the ability to meet and mingle with up to fifteen singles in one night.
On Dating has events in New York City with specific criteria. From Asian speed dating events to dating for karaoke lovers, fitness enthusiasts, and gays, this company offers it all. The Asian events cater to men who like single Asian women, so there could be a number of ethnicities.
Click2Asia offers one-hour events at nightclubs in New York City. Participants get ten to fifteen dates with singles, as well as discount prices for registering for multiple events. There is also personals area on the website for premium members.
Tips for Speed Dating
Here are a few tips to make your speed dating event as enjoyable as possible:
- Bring single friends. Going with a few friends can be a fun way to compare notes after and make you feel less awkward, especially if it's your first time.
- Look your best. Since you have a limited amount of time with potential suitors, you want to make a memorable first impression.
- Have questions ready. While you don't want to just fire off questions during the event, it does help to have a plan in mind for screening your speed date. Decide what matters most to you and try to walk away from each mini date with an answer.
Go Meet Singles
Decide which speed dating company speaks to you and try out Asian speed dating events in NYC. You never know who you will meet!