Figure out the things to say to the one you love that tells them you care for them deeply. Sayings don't always have to be romantic or sugary sweet for them to be well received. A little romance can go a long way, but it is important to let your loved one know that you respect him or her and want to learn more about what he or she is thinking.
Thoughtful Things to Say to Someone You Love
Several things to say or questions to ask the one you love that may seem benign but can make a very positive impression:
- Tell me all about your day.
- What do you think about (insert topic here)?
- What would you like to do for dinner tonight?
- How are you feeling?
- How did that important (meeting, interview, presentation, etc.) go?
- What would you do this weekend if you could do anything you wanted?
- What is new with your family/friends?
Compliments That Convey Love
Other everyday comments that can make your lover smile are compliments, such as the following:
- You look beautiful today, just like every day.
- You always know the right thing to say to make me smile.
- I had a bad day, but as soon as I saw you, I cheered right up.
- I miss you when you're not here. You make my day complete.
- You are the smartest person. (Substitute smartest with any positive adjective you like.)
- You always make me laugh, in a good way.
Cheer Up Someone You Love
Sometimes you need things to say to the one you love when he or she needs some serious cheering up. One thing to do is bring up an inside joke between the two of you that always puts a smile on your lover's face. If that doesn't work, try saying one of these:
- Why so sad? (Say this while giving him or her the goofiest look possible.)
- Whatever it is, we can handle it better together.
- You will be a stronger person by making it through this.
Romantic Things to Say to the One You Love
While not everything has to be romantic, there is, of course, a time and a place. Some romantic things to say to your lover are:
- Every day I'm with you, my love for you gets stronger. I can't wait until tomorrow.
- My life is so much richer because I have you in it.
- I can't stop gazing into your captivating eyes.
- I cannot imagine my life without you being a part of it.
Of course, you can always just say, "I love you."
Resources for More Loving Things to Say
You aren't limited to short thoughtful ideas. Consider using quotes and poetry to express your love to someone.
Quotes and Sayings
Romantic quotes and sayings are a lovely way to tell someone how you feel. Consider:
- Charming phrases - Just because you're being romantic doesn't mean you can't be charming as well. Try one of these phrases to make your loved one see you in a different light.
- Disney love quotes - A beautiful movie quote from a cherished Disney film may bring a smile to your loved one's face and a little flutter to his or her heart.
- Cute love quotes - Pick out something cute to say to your partner that adds a little sweetness to your romance.
- Sweet sayings - A thoughtful romantic may find a little sweet saying the perfect solution when tongue-tied.
If the person you love is far away, say a long distance love poem while talking on the phone to let him or her know you're thinking about of them. The best love poems come from famous authors, so don't be afraid to try something someone else has written if you can't come up with your own saying.