Finding a compatible love interest can be tricky. There are a few different ways to find the right person, including dating, using astrology, taking personality quizzes, using social media, and using dating apps.
Ways to Find Teenage Love Matches
If you are a teenager who is looking for a girlfriend or boyfriend, there are a few ways to find love. A great deal of the time what you do before the relationship is just as important as what happens once you're in one. Here are some great ways to prepare to fall in love with your love match.
A significant amount of teens meet online through social media forums, dating apps, and age-appropriate dating websites. If you're interested in finding someone online you can check out:
Perhaps you have a crush on someone or maybe you're just starting to explore dating and are not sure what kind of person is best suited for you. Either way, it can be helpful to write out some lists and to talk to other people who are dating. Here are some questions to ask as you start:
- Ask other teen couples what qualities they like most in their boyfriends/girlfriends.
- Make your own list of what you want most in a guy or girl.
- Write out all the wonderful things you'll bring to the relationship.
- Write out a list of all the ways you could find a relationship.
There are many quizzes online that can help you learn who you might be best suited for and to learn more about yourself:
- Get to know you: One of the most popular quizzes is the Myers Briggs Personality Test. This test can help you learn more about the person you are and the kind of girl or guy you want to date. You can also do the tween personality quiz if you are a young teenager.
- Find your dating style: Find out what kind of dater you are with fun dating quizzes. Try the Hot Dater Quiz and the Romantic Dating Quiz.
- Find out if your crush likes you: If you're wondering about someone you've got your eye on, take this relationship quiz to see if your guy friend likes you. You can also try quizzes made by teens at Quibblo.
- See if you're meant to be: If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend in mind, try this quiz to see if you're a good match for each other.
Some people think that certain signs in astrology are better matched together, and although there is no proof, it can be fun to learn about teen love horoscopes. First, you'll want to find a subtle way to ask the person you like when they were born. Next, you can go to some astrology websites and find out if you might be a match made in heaven. Here are some to try:
- Starlight Astrology which has tons of love match horoscopes to help you find a compatible boyfriend or girlfriend.
- Horoscope.com has love advice for those that are already in a relationship or are dating someone new.
- Birthday Love Calculator calculates your compatibility with your current love interest and gives you a percentage.
Meet and Mingle
Being a teen is a great time to get out and date lots of people and find out the type of person you like through experience. You can meet people at school, parties, through friends, church, and anywhere you hang out. The most important part is to be open, carefree, and happy. Other people will be naturally drawn to you when you feel good. You can also meet at:
- Coffee shops that you frequent.
- The gym or after-school club sport.
- At the mall.
- The movie theatre.
Keep in mind that if you go somewhere often enough, you will begin to recognize others who tend to frequent the same spot. Keep your eyes open for a potential boyfriend or girlfriend who enjoys the same activity or restaurant that you like.
Finding Love for Teens
Keep in mind that your ideal teenage love matches should like you equally in return. The best dates are the ones that are fun to be around, nice, and respectful. Once you know what you want in your love life as a teenager, you'll have more fun dating and know that a great match is out there for you.