Looking for something sweet, witty or a little flirtatious to write to that special someone? Jotting your ideas down on paper in a little sweet note may be just enough to let that person know you're thinking of them.
Sample I Love You Notes
Looking at a few sample love notes might be enough to help you figure out how to write one of your own. Here are seven, sweet love note ideas and suggestions for how to complete each note.
When I Think of You...
Whenever I think of you, I just can't help but smile. Falling in love with you is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I've never been happier in my life. I know this feeling will last forever.
Having You in My Life...
Having you in my life makes each day a little brighter. I can't wait to wake up in the morning because I know you'll be there. I think of you often throughout the day, and I rush home from work so I can be close to you again.
Sometimes at Night...
Sometimes at night, I lay there listening to the rhythm of your breathing because it fills me with happiness to know you're there. Snuggling up to you brings me a sense of contentment that I never knew before. Knowing you love me as much as I love you brings me peace and joy.
Once Upon a Time...
Once upon a time, there was a woman who was in love with a man. She loved him so much that she wrote him a love note and tucked it into his lunch. He's reading it now.
The Things You Are...
The things you are: protector, lover, friend, confidante, the love of my life and my entire world. The things I need beyond you: nothing.
No Matter What's Coming...
No matter what's coming in my day, I always know it will be a good one because at the end of it I get to see your smile. Tedious meetings? Boring busywork? None of it matters because I'll soon be in your arms. Thank you for being my vacation from the rest of the world.
Let's talk about how much I love you. Oh, if only you knew the lengths I'm willing to go to prove my love to you! Vastly better than any other partner, you are. Everyone can see how much I adore and love you.
More Ideas for Love Messages
Of course, there's more than one way to write a love note, and a lot depends on your situation.
- Teenage Love Letters - It can be difficult finding the words to say what's in your heart without feeling self-conscious. Here, you'll find sample letters that show teens how to express their love in a variety of situations.
- Writing Love Letters to a Boyfriend - There are many reasons to write a love letter to your boyfriend, and don't think he won't relish getting one. Sample letters will show you how to express your love on an anniversary, in a long distance relationship, after a fight, or when you simply feel playful.
- Passionate Love Letters - These kinds of sweet love letters are often a prelude to physical intimacy. What you write should convey your feelings of desire, and if you word your letter just right, it will ignite a fire in your partner.
- Text Messages to Say I Love You - These days, people may actually be more inclined to text love messages to their partners than write a love note with pen and paper. With a little advice, you can send messages that will strike just the right chord in your loved one's heart.
- Romantic Valentine Messages - If you're in a relationship when Valentine's Day rolls around, you'd better be prepared with some tips for what to say in your message, as well as some creative ways to deliver it.
- Printable Love Notes and Cards - When you want to express your love, but you just can't seem to get words down on paper, print out one of these notes or cards and simply give it to your partner as a gesture of your feelings.
- Funny and romantic love note ideas keep your sentiments lighthearted and entertaining.
- If your love hasn't yet been voiced, a secret admirer note is one way to send the message.
- Sending love notes in the Digital Age is easier than ever - simple text messages to express your love can brighten his day quickly and easily.
Open Your Heart
Sweet love notes offer a quiet, intimate way for two people to communicate, and these kinds of messages will make your partner feel special and loved. Just open up and say what's in your heart, and you can't go wrong no matter which kind of love message you want to send.