Sweet words to tell your lover are written all over your heart. Are you having a hard time getting those love things out of your mouth? Learn to give your lover that warm and fuzzy feeling through different love chats you can have when you're out and about, cuddling or on Valentine's Day.
Romantic Things to Say for Most Every Occasion
Sometimes it is tough to find the words, even if you have warm fuzzies in your heart. Here are some examples of things you can say to someone you love.
Things to Say During a Candlelight Dinner
Say these sweet things to your boyfriend or girlfriend on a romantic date.
- I love the way the light shines off of your beautiful eyes.
- I could stay here forever with you. No one else exists right now.
- The food is delicious, but the company is even better.
- You are the perfect date. Let's hang out again everyday for the rest of our lives.
- I can't think of a more perfect evening...good food, a bottle of wine, and you.
- All day long I've been dreaming about having this dinner with you.
- I don't need any dessert, I have you.
- The dinner is wonderful, but the best part is being alone with you.
- I don't care what's on the menu as long as I'm looking at it with you.
- Food feeds the body, but love feeds the soul.
- You're just like a fine wine...my eyes could drink you in all night.
Things to Say While Snuggling
These sweet love words will make anyone feel close to you physically and emotionally.
- I love holding you/being in your arms.
- I feel completely comfortable with you.
- It is so nice having you next me. It's like a dream come true.
- Nothing else matters but us together in this moment.
- Every time I wrap my arms around you, it's like coming home to where I belong.
- All I want to do is lay here in your arms and listen to your beautiful heart beat.
- I never feel complete until we're holding each other again.
- Mmm...you smell wonderful.
- I just want to wrap my arms around you, and let the world drift away.
- I think you were made to fit perfectly in my arms.
Things to Say When Out and About
Find romantic things to say to her or him when you're running errands.
- Say nothing. Just catch his or her eye and give your brightest smile.
- Introduce your lover as "the love of my life." Then say "I really mean it" quietly in his or her ear.
- Call your lover a pet name that only the two of you know about.
- Point out something you pass by, and tell your lover how it reminds you of a romantic time you spent together.
- I love going out with you. It gives me a chance to show you off.
- I'm so happy I'm the one who gets to sit beside you.
- Everyone must be envying me for being with you right now.
- When I see someone else admiring you, it makes my heart swell with pride to know that you're mine.
- How did I ever get so lucky to be dating you?
- Right now, I am the envy of every man/woman here just because I'm with you.
Things to Say in Love Notes
Loving things to say don't have to be in actual handwritten notes. Consider sending a sweet text message, too.
- I smile every time I think of you. When I see you that smile gets even bigger.
- You are the most important person in my life, now and always.
- I miss your kisses. Come home soon!
- You are my soulmate.
- In all my life, I never believed I'd find a love like this.
- As hard as I try, mere words really aren't enough to express how I feel about you.
- I plan on writing you love notes for the rest of our lives.
- The word "love" just isn't big enough to describe my feelings for you.
- I never dreamed I'd write a love note to anyone...until I met you.
- No one else can take your place. I can't wait to see you again.
- I'm my best self when I'm with you.
Things to Say on Valentine's Day
Save something romantic to say to him or her for the holiday made for lovers: Valentine's Day.
- Every Valentine's Day would be perfect if I could spend them all with you.
- I want to make your life so wonderful that every day will feel like Valentine's Day.
- You make everyday feel like Valentine's Day.
- One day a year just isn't enough to show you how special you are to me.
- You fill my heart with so much love it makes me want to write a poem.
- I used to dread Valentine's Day until I found you. Now I wish it was everyday.
- I used to dream about finding the love of my life, and here you are.
- This day would have absolutely no meaning without you.
- Candy and flowers aren't enough. Let me give you my heart.
- There was a time when I thought I'd never have someone to share this day with. You made me believe in love again.
From the Heart
Words come easily to some people, while others can't express themselve as freely and do better writing love notes. Really think about your relationship, how long you've been together, and where things might be going. Whatever you say, make sure it comes straight from your own heart. That's what will make it genuine.