Putting your feelings into words isn't always easy, especially when those feelings are romantic. Many people are afraid the sweet sentiments they worked so hard on will miss the mark. Not to worry! These romantic phrases and sayings are perfect to share with that special someone to make them feel loved and adored this Valentine's Day and beyond.
Romantic Words for Her
- I'm not sure why you chose me, but I feel like the luckiest person in the world, and I hope to live in a way that proves I deserve this honor.
- When I was younger, I made a list of the qualities I was looking for in a wife. I thought I was being optimistic, but then I met you. You fulfill these qualities and bring more to my life than I ever knew I wanted.
- Thank you for making me a better person. Since meeting you, I have felt more centered, more at peace. Not only do I have something to work for, but someone to share life with.
- The way you look at me makes me feel strong, confident, and like I can conquer the world, and when I do, I will give it to you.
- I'm so happy to wake up to your beautiful face, your sweet voice, and tender touch. Thank you for being there for me, every day and in every way.
- I don't care how old you get, how many gray hairs are atop your head, or how many wrinkles crease your face. You will always be beautiful to me, and I will never stop loving you.
- I love you more today than yesterday, and I will continue to fall in love with you, over and over again, until the day I die. I will hold your hand and be your soft place to land.
Romantic Phrases for Him
What is the most romantic saying? It's one that comes directly from the heart. Tell the man in your life how special he is and how he makes you feel by sharing a few love my husband quotes specifically for him in a card or post.
- When I'm in your arms, I feel safe, I feel loved, and I feel like I will be protected from all the stones life can throw.
- You are everything I wanted in a partner. What I didn't count on was that you are also everything I need. Thank you for loving me and being my everything.
- As a child, I would read fairytales and fantasize about the day I would meet my Prince Charming. The second I saw you, I knew you were my prince, even without your crown.
- Thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful person in the world.
- You should teach other men how to love their partners and make them feel special, because you have it down to an art.
- You are not only my husband, but you are my best friend, my confidant, my protector, and the only man I will ever love.
- Thank you for working so hard to be the partner I need, a dad our kids adore, and an example for our family and community. I am proud of you, and I am glad you're mine.
Romantic Sayings and Phrases to Express Your Love
Every relationship is comprised of unique and special individuals. These cute love quotes and emotional statements are perfect for every type of love story.
- Of all the people in all the world, I chose you. I will continue to choose you every day, over and over again, for the rest of our lives.
- I used to sit and wonder about my future, but now, I just look into your eyes, and I see all my hopes, dreams, and desires wrapped in one package. You are my future.
- My mom always told me that I'd "just know" when I found "the one." I never thought it would happen like that to me. But now that I've found you, I realize that mom was right. You are "The One," and I can't wait to see what happens in our "happily ever after."
- When we're together, my surroundings become fuzzy, outside sounds dull, and only you are in focus. You're the only one who matters.
- The world may crumble around us, but I won't notice because I will be looking into your eyes.
- I dreamed about you last night. You were my one and only, and you loved me despite all my faults. Then I woke up and realized that it wasn't just a dream after all.
- There's never been a love like ours, and there never will be again.
- I never knew that a sunset could be so beautiful, a flower so sweet, or music so enlightening. Since I've met you, my senses have come alive, and I finally feel like I'm living.
Funny Phrases That Highlight Your Unique Love
Want to make your love laugh a little? These humorous and romantic quotes for him or her might fit the bill.
- I love you more than wine or chocolate. Well, so that's a lie, but I do really, really love you.
- I promise to always love you, even during football season.
- You're my favorite person to annoy and to be annoyed by... I vow to keep on annoying you forever, til the end of time.
- Of course, I love you for you, but I also love you for your ability to clean the house, warm my feet and mow the lawn.
- I don't love you despite how weird you are. I love you BECAUSE of how weird you are.
- You know, my life was so easy before I met you. I could work without daydreaming, look at my texts without smiling, and watch a movie without tearing up. Thanks a lot for messing with me!
Romantic Quotes for a New Relationship
If you're in a new relationship, it might be more difficult to come up with sweet and romantic things to say. Share these cute phrases if the romantic words are getting stuck in your throat.
- I know we just met, and I probably shouldn't be saying this, but when I think about my future, you are in it.
- I can't wait to see where our relationship goes. Thank you for saying "yes" to our first date.
- I am so excited about discovering new things about you and exploring the world through your eyes.
- How can a relationship that is so new be so meaningful to me?
- We are at the beginning of this journey. I know that our relationship may have hills, valleys, and rough terrain, but I am looking forward to meeting those obstacles head-on with you.
- You're my favorite new distraction.
Famous Romantic Love Quotes
Sometimes it takes famous romantic quotes to convey the message you are trying to say. Check out some of the best ones around.
- "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV
- "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind." - William Shakespeare
- "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." - Maya Angelou
- "But we loved with a love that was more than love." - Edgar Allan Poe
- "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." - Jane Austen
- "Close your eyes, fall in love, stay there." - Rumi
Always Remember to Say It With Love
If you are still uncertain about what to say to your loved one, just speak the romantic words flowing from your heart. You don't have to wait until Valentine's Day or a special holiday to tell your sweetie how you feel. If you want to make an even bigger impression, consider giving a special gift along with your heartfelt words. Chances are you're going to need some special phrases of your own on how to respond to I love you.