Sometimes it can be difficult to come up with romantic ideas for your boyfriend. You don't want to go overboard on something and scare him away but you do want to show him how much you care for him. In this article, you will find some romantic ideas for that special guy in your life.
Help With Romantic Ideas for Your Boyfriend
Here are some romantic ideas for him you can use on a special occasion or at any time.
- Buy him a sweet card and include it with a special treat you know he likes.
- Take him to his favorite sports event.
- Write him a letter that talks about how you feel about him.
- Make a picnic and take him to a park or beach.
- Go for a car ride to a scenic area.
- Make reservations at a romantic restaurant you have never gone to before and get dressed up.
- Go for a moonlight stroll on a boardwalk or another beautiful area.
- Buy him a CD with all the songs that remind you of him.
- If you play an instrument, play him a romantic song.
- If you sing, sing him a classic romantic song or something you made up.
- Book a hotel room and check-in early to give it a romantic look.
- Go on a trip, just the two of you.
- Make him a candlelight dinner with soft music in the background.
- Send him on a romantic scavenger hunt that ends with his ultimate night of fun in a hotel that you've secretly booked.
- Build a romantic indoor fort filled with lots of pillows, blankets, and romantic treats such as strawberries and chocolate.
- For a long distance bf, send him a few gifts in the mail filled with sweet mementos that will remind him of your relationship like a framed picture, a treat or item from a store you frequent together, and a cute note.
- Plan a cute movie night equipped with matching pajamas, yummy hot chocolates, and his favorite scary movie.
- Plan a surprise trip to his favorite amusement park. Don't tell him where you're going until you get there!
- Treat him to a couple's massage at a nice spa.
- Give him a relaxing evening by setting up candles, lowering the lights and giving him a soothing massage.
Where You Are in Your Relationship
Keep in mind that what you plan on doing for your boyfriend depends on how long you have known each other and where you are in your relationship. Some people date exclusively almost as soon as they meet, while some date others before deciding to call one person their one and only. The amount of time and level of commitment can help you determine how romantic you can be without pushing him away.
If you have been exclusively dating for only a couple of months, you want to choose something that you would do for your best friend but adding some romance to it. If you are in love but only been with your guy for less than a year, choose something a little more elaborate. If you have been with your boyfriend for over a year, breathe a sigh of relief, you can go ahead and do whatever your heart's content. However, you do need to understand how to read your man.
How to Read Your Boyfriend
No matter how long you have been in a relationship, you need to learn how to read your man. One person may be with her boyfriend for a year and already be looking at wedding rings, while someone else may be with hers for two or three years and hasn't even spoken of marriage.
Feel it out before you make romantic plans so you know exactly what you are dealing with here. If your boyfriend has a hard time talking about the future, do not plan anything that implies you are thinking about spending the rest of your life with him. If your boyfriend often talks about marrying you someday, choose something that shows him you feel the same way -- that is, if you do feel the same way.
The idea is not to surprise him in a bad way with your romance. Make it a pleasant time between the two of you, not an awkward experience that could potentially ruin your relationship.
You Know Him Best
You know your boyfriend best so you know what it is that will make him happy and will show him how much you care. Trust yourself to make a good decision because whatever you decide to do will be straight from your heart and that is what matters. Don't worry about whether he will like it, if it comes from you, he will surely think it's spectacular.