Are you looking for a few romantic conversation starters to get the evening started on the right foot? Consider some of the tips below to help you find the right romantic conversation starters.
Romantic conversation starters are dependent on what a person does or does not consider romantic. To some, bold gestures and flowers are the only way to symbolize romance. To others, take-out Chinese and a slasher movie is the epitome of romance. Be sure to keep your own personality and viewpoint in mind when looking for romantic ways to start conversations. Also, if you're trying to spark a conversation with someone that you know, be sure to take his or her personality into account.
Romantic Conversation Starters
There are two main types of people that you may want to start a romantic conversation with:
- People you've just met or people whom you are hoping to meet.
- People that you are dating. You may want to lead the conversation in an amorous way for an evening or inject some spice into the relationship.
Each of these conversations requires different nuances of conversation.
If you are looking to start a romantic conversation with someone that you do not know or do not know well, consider a few of these tips.
- For many, one of the most romantic things is a shared interest. For example, if you approach someone at a cafe who is reading National Geographic, you could point out how romantic you think it would be to explore all the natural wonders of the world. Try to pick up on the subtle details that people project to others. If you are interested in approaching someone who has a tattoo of a band you like, begin the conversation by mentioning how romantic you think one of the band's songs happens to be.
- When you don't know someone, one of the best conversation starters is a quick introduction. However, a way to be romantic about it is to inject a small dose of humor. Sometimes, being approached by a random person can be obtrusive but if you lead with a joke, you may find that the other person finds you endearing.
- A great way to make someone feel something is romantic is to genuinely make them feel special. Find a way to make someone feel like he or she is the only person you have any interest in speaking to and the romance may find it's way into a conversation on it's own.
A few romantic conversation lines that you can try and lead with are:
- My name is Mark and I'm new around here. I was wondering if I could just talk to you for awhile because you're the first person whose made this city feel like home.
- You know, I've always thought that there's a good amount of romance in waiting for the bus, don't you?
- So, I have been trying to think of something clever to say to you, but I can't get my foot out of my mouth so I'll go with hello, I'm Kate.
If you are already dating someone, conversation starters can still be useful if you're looking to put romance back on the table (or to keep it fresh). Consider a few of the following tips for your next conversation with your partner:
- When two people are already in a relationship, the easiest way to turn any conversation romantic is with mood. Candles and dinner or other highly romantic atmospheres can change a basic conversation into a romantic one.
- When in a relationship, the most romantic thing to talk about is the future and what the other person means to you. Consider leading off a conversation by telling your partner that he or she is your world.
- Any conversation that brings two people closer can feel like the most romantic conversation in the world. Ask probing question or share personal information with your partner to get the personal connection you're seeking.
A few romantic conversation lines that you can try are:
- I just wanted to take a minute and let you know how much you mean to me. I love spending time with you and am excited to see where this ends up going.
- I love you. That's all I wanted to say.
- When I was a kid, I always wanted to get a little house on a hill and a bloodhound that I could name Rover. Did you ever think about that type of stuff?
Looking for a little romance in your life and think conversation can be a step in the right direction? While you are right to start small, don't get discouraged if romance doesn't begin to flutter immediately. Sometimes, romantic conversations can't be forced and trying to do so will make things uncomfortable. Take your time and you're sure to have all the romance you are looking for!