Are you trying to figure out how to tell a girl you like her? Sometimes it seems like it can be impossible because there is the risk of rejection, the chance that you might mess it up, and the chance that you might look like a fool. There are so many other variables involved that it seems difficult to think of the best way to go about it. However, there are some great methods that can help you figure out how to tell a girl you like her.
Tips on How to Tell a Girl You Like Her
Take some time to think about what you want to say and why you want to say it before getting into any romantic conversation. Use these simple steps and tips to make the most of your time.
How to Prepare
The first thing that any guy should do before telling a girl he likes her is figure out why he likes her. Some girls will actually respond by asking this so it is important to have an idea of why you are interested in her. Another important thing to do in order to prepare for telling a girl your big news is to mentally prepare yourself for the situation. Try to persuade yourself to be brave and confident. Prepare yourself for the possibility of rejection.
Practice Makes Perfect
Practice what you want to say to her in advance so that if you get nervous, you'll still be okay. Try to remember above all that no matter what the girl you're interested says, you have something to be proud of.
Planning the Moment
If you're having trouble figuring out a way to tell her that you like her, figuring out why you like her can help. There are many ways that you can use to tell a girl you like her without making it awkward.
Popular Ways to Tell a Girl You Like Her
One of the best ways to tell a girl that you like her is to talk to her in person. Explain the situation clearly. While this is best, it can also be the most frightening and nerve-wracking. These simple methods are classics because they work.
- Perhaps you like her because she is into the same bands as you. If that's the case, you could make her a playlist.
- If you like her because she is a talented writer, you could try writing her a poem.
- If it is around Valentine's Day, purchasing a single rose or a few flowers with a simple note saying you like her is a great idea. You can keep the note short or you can write a little poem for her.
- Are you both the type of people who like big scenes? Take inspiration from the MTV series Promposal to stage a big, public declaration of your feelings. Be loud and proud about your crush!
- Even if you like big scenes, ones that involve songs can be a little hard to orchestrate. You could always proclaim your interest in front of a group of her friends. Be forewarned that most girls would rather be told one on one.
- If you're the shy type, a simple letter telling her that you like her and would like to go out sometime would work quite nicely. You can either give it to her and wait for her to read it, email it to her, or give it to her and let her read it on her own time.
How to Tell a Girl You Like Her Over Text
Telling a girl you like her over text might be the least embarrassing way for both of you to approach the subject. It is also a great example of how to tell a girl you like her without ruining your friendship because it is a low-key, private exchange between the two of you. Message ideas include texting:
- I like, like you. Do you feel the same?
- You're really awesome and I like you a lot!
- I'm too shy to tell you in person, but I really like you.
- You + Me = More than friends?
- I liked your Facebook post, but what I really meant was I like you.
Cute and Romantic Ways to Tell a Girl You Like Her
If you want to know how to tell a girl you like her without telling her, small gestures can make your feelings seem more sincere and romantic. Use creative means to show her that you're into her instead of just coming out and saying it.
- Slip an old-school note in her locker that says "I like you. Do you like me? Check yes or no."
- Give her a stuffed animal holding a note or poem expressing your feelings.
- Hand her a stack of sticky notes where each lists off one of the reasons you like her.
- Create a meme that says you like her and post it on her social media.
- Take a series of selfies, each with one word from the phrase "I like you" and post them one-at-a-time in a private message.
A Few More Tips for Good Measure
The way you look and act before, during, and after telling the girl you like her will also help shape her response.
- Be sure to dress your best for the event. If you look sloppy, she may not take you seriously.
- Think about what type of idea would work best for the girl you like. After all, if she's shy, a big scene would probably be all wrong for her.
- Don't be annoying. If she rejects you, it will hurt, but being persistent is not the answer. Move on and find someone you like even more!
- Along with not being annoying, do not be too pushy. It's not a good sign to make her feel pressured into making some type of decision just because you've told her that you like her. Give her whatever time she needs.