Are you trying to figure out how to tell a girl you like her? Sometimes it seems like it can be impossible because there is the risk of rejection, the chance that you might mess it up, and the chance that you might look like a fool. There are so many other variables involved that it seems difficult to think of the best way to go about it. However, there are some great methods that can help you figure out how to tell a girl you like her.
Tips on How to Tell A Girl You Like Her
How To Prepare
The first thing that any guy should do before telling a girl he likes her is figure out why he likes her. Some girls will actually respond by asking this so it is important to have an idea of why you are interested in her. Also, if you're having trouble figuring out a way to tell her that you like her, figuring out why you like her can help. Perhaps you like her because she is into the same bands as you. If that's the case, you could make her a mix tape. If you like her because she is a talented writer, you could try writing her a poem. Another important thing to do in order to prepare for telling a girl your big news is to mentally prepare yourself for the situation. Try to persuade yourself to be brave and confident. Prepare yourself for the possibility of rejection. Practice what you want to say to her in advance so that if you get nervous, you'll still be okay. Try to remember above all that no matter what the girl you're interested says, you have something to be proud of.
Planning the Moment
There are many ways that you can use to tell a girl you like her. Some popular ideas:
- If it is around Valentine's Day, purchasing a single rose or a few flowers with a simple note saying you like her is a great idea. You can keep the note short or you can write a little poem for her.
- Are you both the type of people who like big scenes? Use the scene in 10 Things I Hate About You where Heath Ledger's character sings a public song in front of a sports practice. Be loud and proud about your crush!
- Even if you like big scenes, ones that involve songs can be a little hard to orchestrate. You could always proclaim your interest in front of a group of her friends. Be forewarned that most girls would rather be told one on one.
- If you're the shy type, a simple letter telling her that you like her and would like to go out sometime would work quite nicely. You can either give it to her and wait for her to read it, mail it to her, or give it to her and let her read it on her own time.
- One of the best ways to tell a girl that you like her is to talk to her in person. Explain the situation clearly. While this is best, it can also be the most frightening and nerve-wracking.
A Few More Tips For Good Measure
- Be sure to dress your best for the event. If you look slovenly, she may not take you seriously.
- Think about what type of idea would work best for the girl you like. After all,if she's shy, a big scene would probably be all wrong for her.
- Don't be annoying. If she rejects you, it will hurt but being persistent is not the answer. Move on and find someone you like even more!
- Along with not being annoying, do not be too pushy. It's not a good sign to make her feel pressured into making some type of decision just because you've told her that you like her. Give her whatever time she needs.
- Don't tell her that you like her over the Internet or in a text message. If you like her, then she is a great girl and deserves more than that.