Sometimes a homemade romantic gift is better than 10 gifts bought in the store. A homemade romantic gift tells your partner that you care enough to spend time on his or her present instead of just money. If you don't have artistic talent, don't worry. Most anyone can complete these simple yet meaningful projects.
Handmade Photo Album
If you have a lot of pictures of the two of you, why not put them in an album - especially one you made yourself? Just use the following instructions.
- Cut two pieces of heavyweight cardboard into a 12 inch by 12 inch size.
- Cover these pieces with any color or style of fabric you would like.
- Make inside pages by cutting pieces of card stock to 11 inches by 11 inches.
- Punch three holes in each cover page and each inside page, making sure they line up flush left.
- Assemble the album and put one binder ring inside each set of holes.
- Glue your photos into the album, along with romantic captions.
If you don't want to get glue on your pictures, you can purchase photo corners at the craft store and then insert your photos into them.
Put together a compact disc with songs that you've heard together or songs that remind you of your lover. Adding a romantic image is a good finishing touch.
- Go to your local office supply store and purchase printable CD labels. The labels should come with printing software.
- Load the software on your computer and use it to print an image on the label.
- Stick the label on the printed side of the CD.
- Put the CD in your computer and open it up.
- Drag and drop legally purchased song files onto the CD.
- Listen to the disc to make sure everything copied correctly.
You can also draw your own artwork for the inside of the CD case and cut the paper to fit inside it.
Staple a few sheets of paper together to make a coupon book. Make the coupon book romantic by making coupons for things such as the following:
- One kiss
- A back massage
- Dinner and a movie
- A slow dance
- An ice cream sundae prepared by yours truly
Yes, a dinner can be a gift. For people that love food, it can be the best gift of all. To set up your dinner as a truly romantic one, light some candles, put on some jazz or other romantic music, put a tablecloth on the dining room table and cook three courses, such as a salad and appetizer and the main dish. Don't forget to make dessert. This dinner can be even better if you make it as a surprise.
You don't have to actually make the frame, you can simply paint it instead. Buy a ceramic frame at a craft store or paint your own at a pottery store and decorate it with one of the following things:
- Hearts and other romantic symbols
- Pet names that you call each other
- A pattern drawn in your lover's favorite color
- Lyrics to a song that both of you love
- A poem that you wrote
Then add a photo of the two of you after your frame is dry.
More Ideas for a Homemade Romantic Gift
If none of these ideas is the perfect one for you, there are additional ideas on the Internet.
- The Not Made of Money blog has a list of 50 gifts you can make. You can customize any of them to make homemade romantic gift items.
- Instructables has literally dozens of homemade gift ideas, including some very creative ones.
- Crosswalk has ideas for homemade gifts that cost under $10 to make. They are great for the romantic that doesn't have a bank account as big as his or her heart.