It's all about the eyes. They can be inviting, warm, icy and even romantic. Do you know the eye contact love signals? Learn the way someone looks at you when they love you, and what that rapid blinking or wink might represent.
Eye Body Language of Love: Knowing if You Have a Crush
As the saying goes, "The eyes are the window to the soul." There is something very comforting about looking into the eyes of someone who loves you because the eyes are warm and welcoming. When determining whether someone likes you by looking at his/her eyes, you need to know what to look for. Don't worry if after reading these clues you don't remember your potential crush exhibiting them, you may need to just pay closer attention since eye body language can be easy to miss. Some examples of how to read eyes for love are:
- Rapid blinking is a body language of eyes; attraction is what it may mean.
- If someone has a crush on you and has insecurities, you may notice a lack of eye contact from the person.
- Winking may mean someone is trying to let you know he/she is interested in you.
- Intense eye contact, especially with a smile, may mean the person has a crush on you.
- Pupil size increases means the person likes what he/she sees.
- Glistening eyes can signify strong attraction and perhaps even love.
What Happens to Eyes in Love?
Attraction is easily spotted in a person's eyes, but love can be just as unmistakable. The eyes convey a message of appreciation, as though the person is "drinking in" your features with their eyes, memorizing your face as if they're frightened they may forget if they look away too long. Eyes might also appear slightly amused as if you're both in on a joke that the rest of the world doesn't understand. When trying to figure out how to tell if someone loves you by looking at their eyes, remember that much of a person's eye language is conducive with their personality, so while a lighthearted person may display an amused look when looking at the object of their affection, an intense person may reserve an intense stare for the person they love.
Eye Contact Love Signals
The duration and intensity of a stare can signify affection or love, but don't mistake the lack of a stare as proof that there are no feelings there. In fact, some cultures frown upon staring and not staring is a sign of respect instead of a signal of disinterest. Also, keep in mind that some people are simply uncomfortable with direct eye contact and may avoid the gaze of people - even loved ones.
Look Into Someone's Soul Through the Eyes
The reason why many poker players wear sunglasses while playing cards is the eyes can give away thoughts and feelings. A simple blinking of the eyes or glistening due to moisture from the tear ducts can indicate excitement. Here is what else you can learn about people by noticing their eyes:
- When people narrow their eyes, it usually means they are unhappy, disgusted or generally turned off by someone or something.
- When people are upset at someone, they will usually glare at the person. Glaring is an intimidation approach typically used by many animals as well.
- When people are unable to stay focused and keep eye contact with the person they are speaking to, it usually means they are not paying attention.
- Excessive blinking's body language may mean someone has something to hide. This can be a good or bad thing. If someone is lying, he/she is more likely to blink but a person will also blink if he/she is trying to hide that he/she has a crush on you!
- Looking down can be a sign of submission and respect in some cultures. It also exhibits modesty.
- Being able to hold eye contact with someone means you have confidence.
Putting It All Together
While the eyes are a good indicator of admiration, it's best to take the cues you receive from the eyes and put it together with other body language-of-love cues. This way you have a better idea if the person is interested in you. Of course, you will need to be careful when solely using body language as an indication of love because the only way to know for sure is to ask.