The 1960s television show The Dating Game featured three contestants who competed for a date with a bachelorette. As the bachelorette could not see the contestants, she based her choice entirely on their answers. The game was silly and creative, and it gave viewers some playful ways to interact with the opposite sex.
Questions for Contestants
While you could turn this into a fun party game if you're hanging out with a bunch of other singles, you could also use a list of dating questions like this to get to know someone you're already interested in but don't know that well. Quiz your date when you first get together for coffee or dinner and let the conversation flow from there.
First Date Questions
- Where are you from?
- If you could work in any profession, what would it be?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What are you looking for in a man/woman?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- How do you have fun?
- What is the last book you read and did you enjoy it?
- Did you go to college?
- If you attended college where did you attend and what did you major in?
- What are your best qualities?
- What languages do you speak?
Romantic and Flirty Questions
- What is your idea of a romantic evening?
- Where is the perfect first date spot?
- What is your idea of the perfect marriage proposal?
- How do you impress a date's parents or friends?
- What are your favorite women/men's scents?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
Personal Questions: Background Information
- Do you have any children?
- Describe a time when you took care of a loved one.
- What have you always wanted to do but haven't yet?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- What is the longest relationship you have been in?
- How did your family celebrate holidays?
- If you could change a mistake from your past, what would it be?
Personal Questions: General Knowledge
- How do you comfort someone in a traumatic situation?
- Do you see a glass half-empty or half-full?
- Do you give money to homeless people?
- You've just been told you have a few months to live. What do you do?
- What do you value in a relationship?
- What is your favorite possession?
- Do you spend time on the internet? Which site is your favorite?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- Who do you live with?
- What makes you laugh?
- Are you easily offended?
- Where is your favorite place to spend time?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
Silly Questions: Situational
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- You're stranded on an island. What three things do you wish you had?
- If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
- You need to cancel your weekend plans because of rain, so what do you do instead?
- You are driving and get lost. What do you do and how do you handle it?
- If you were to take a class, what would that class be?
- If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and what would you talk about?
- Your work lets you out early, what do you do with this free time?
- If you could be a circus performer which act would you be?
- Your house is on fire. What do you grab as you run out?
Silly Questions: Just For Fun
- Dogs or cats?
- What color best describes your personality and why?
- What three things do you never leave the house without?
- What is one word that describes your life?
- What's your theme song?
- What are some nicknames you've had?
- What do you hate about dating?
- What was the weirdest question a date has asked you and how did you respond?
- Do you have a lucky number?
- A mutual friend flirts with you; would you tell me?
- A cashier gives you too much money back. What do you do?
- A car is broken down on the side of the road; do you stop to help?
- What do you wish others knew about your heart or the way you think?
- What would you change about yourself?
- What is your religion and is it an important part of your life?
Questions About the Future
- What do you see yourself doing when you retire?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- Do you want children in your future?
Creative Conversation Starters
The Dating Game can provide hours of entertainment for you and your friends, as well as provide creative new questions for you to use on dates. Keeping the conversation going can be difficult if you are shy or dating someone who is self-conscious, so pulling out a few favorites can help you get through any uncomfortable moments. These questions can also spice up conversations with someone you have been dating for a while, to give additional insight into their personality, background, and preferences.