Are you looking for cute gift ideas to surprise your guy? Lots of guys say they prefer practical gifts, but that doesn't mean you have to skimp on the creativity for all occasions. A cute gift, (maybe even in addition to something practical,) is the perfect way to show your boyfriend how much you care about him.
List of Cute Gift Ideas
Things to Do
Take your boyfriend on a date to an event or location he might like, or just find a secluded spot for a romantic meal.
- Picnic: Set up a picnic at the park, beach, or even in your own living room. Bring candles, good food and don't forget about some champagne glasses for toasting.
- Card and tickets: Find a cute card and purchase tickets to a sports game or concert he wants to see. Try TicketsNow or StubHub.
- Visit animals: If your boyfriend is an animal lover, he may enjoy a visit to a zoo he's never visited. If the closest zoo he hasn't seen yet is far away, make it into a weekend getaway or day trip.
Objects That Show Your Affection
Sometimes, choosing an object to give him is easier and less expensive than pulling together an event. That doesn't mean the gift can't be special:
- Message teddy bear: Buy a teddy bear or other stuffed animal and put a card or message around its neck. You could also find one with a zipper back and place a message inside.
- Trinket: You can find little trinkets in card stores. Tell him to place it in his wallet and every time he looks at it, he can think of you.
- Picture frame: Purchase a picture frame and place a photo of both of you in it.
- Inscribed watch: You don't have to spend a fortune on a nice looking watch. Find one with a big enough back and have a special message engraved on it. You can purchase a watch wherever you'd like and then take it to your local jeweler if the store where you purchase the watch doesn't offer engraving services.
- Matching jerseys: Does he have a special team and player he likes? You can buy him a jersey and then buy one for yourself to wear for the next time you watch a game together. Try Dick's Sporting Goods.
- Word magnets: Word magnets are words you can place on your refrigerator to make sentences. You can easily make these at home by purchasing pieces of thin magnet at a craft store, printing out words from your computer and gluing them onto pieces of magnet. For this cute boyfriend gift idea, make sure to choose words that signify how much you mean to each other. If you need some ideas or would like to know what word magnets look like, visit Magnetic Poetry.
- Recordable key chain: Check Radio Shack or other electronics store for a recordable key chain or picture frame. Leave a loving message on it so your boyfriend can hear your sweet voice and words any time he is missing you.
- Mini digital picture frame: Purchase a digital picture frame for his keychain and download all the pictures you have of the both of you on it. If you don't have many of just the two of you, upload pictures of just yourself. You can find these at places like Amazon.com.
A gift from the heart is something that can never be replicated. Show him you care by putting your crafting, creative, or writing skills on display.
- Scrapbook: A scrapbook of all the fun and special times you've had will surely be something he will enjoy looking through when you are apart.
- Coupon book: Create a book with coupons in it for things you will have to do for him if he redeems them.
- Decorated daily used items: Get a mouse pad, set of coasters, or other item he uses everyday that you can decorate with a loving picture and message. Try Zazzle.com for ideas and options.
- Decorated mug: You can visit a pottery store or have a mug made with pictures and a message on it.
Thinking of Creative Ideas
Some of these cute boyfriend gift ideas may sound corny to you, but you'd be surprised at how touched your loved one would be if you gave him one of these gifts. If none of these sounds appealing to you, try thinking of your own ideas. Remember to think outside of the box of usual boyfriend gifts and soon you will think of the perfect present for your man.