Games for married couples are a fun way to spend an evening with a few good friends or pass some time alone with your partner. These types of activities are a fun and unexpected way to bond. You might also learn something about your partner along the way!
Discover Games for Married Couples
There are literally hundreds of games for couples, from Monopoly to chess, that can allow married couples to enjoy a game night. In fact, practically any two player game will work for a married couple or those in a relationship. However, finding the right game for you, your spouse, and others in your friend group may take a little time. It will definitely be worth its weight in laughs and fun.
Finding the Right Game
With so many options, it can be a little daunting trying to find a game that you and your partner will enjoy. Additionally, if you plan to play the game with other married couples, you will have a few other things to consider.
- Decide what type of game you want to play. There are many different types: card games, board games, strategy games, trivia games, video games, and sports,.
- Check to see how many players the game will accommodate. Most games will indicate a suggested number of players or number range. Though you don't necessarily have to follow these instructions, it is often set to make playing easier and more fun.
- Consider the age appropriateness of the games. Not all games are meant for adult play. They may be too juvenile, boring, or easy for married couples, so be sure to read the box to determine if it is for children or adults, as this isn't always easy to figure out.
- Decide if you want your game to have a naughty or sexual component to it. This works well if you are choosing a game to play with just your partner. However, many adults enjoy innuendo play and other sexual banter type games. Just be sure that everyone is comfortable with this type of game.
Games can serve as a way not only to bond, but to break the ice in group settings. The following is just a sample of games that adults can enjoy playing. With so many games out there, rest assured that you will find several games to suit your needs.
- Smart Ass Trivia Game - This fun trivia board game works for 2-12 players and includes 500 questions to test your skills.
- Worst Case Scenario Survival Game - A game for two or more players, the Worst Case Scenario Survival Game is perfect for your next group game night. This game is both challenging and hysterical at the same time. Each scenario offers three possible solutions. Figure out which one is correct to win the match.
- Apples to Apples - Considered by many to be the ultimate group game, Apples to Apples sounds like a game you might have played as a child, but is in fact a funny and challenging game of word comparisons well-suited for married couples.
Card games are another great option that works for as few as two players up to an entire group.
- Bang! - This interactive Old West style card game will keep you entertained for hours.
- Rook - For those who like to exercise their strategy muscles, Rook is the perfect card game, for 2 to 6 players.
There are many adult games, such as strip poker, that don't require anything more than a deck of cards. However, if you're looking for games for married couples that can spice up the evening, consider one of these games.
- Loaded Questions Adult - The adult version of the popular game, Loaded Questions Adult is meant for 4 to 6 players and for ages 18 and above.
- Dirty Minds - This hilarious game works for two or more adults and proves that nothing is as dirty as it seems.
- What's Yours Like - This clever innuendo game asks players to describe something and forces the other players to guess what it is. It is suitable for four or more players.
Benefits of Couples Games
Being able to laugh with your spouse is a strengthening aspect of marriage and can even help you build a healthier relationship. These great games for married couples can help you do that while spending time with good friends and the one you love.