Choosing the perfect Valentine's Day gift doesn't have to be difficult. The most important thing is showing that you care, and there are dozens of great gift ideas that can help you do just that.
Valentine Gifts Ideas for Women
Gift of the Month Club
Keep the feeling of Valentine's Day going by enrolling your love in a gift of the month club.
Choose from goodies like:
- Teddy bears
If you're hoping for the best, but not sure where your relationship will be by Valentine's Day next year, don't worry. In most clubs, you don't have to sign up for a whole year of gifts.
Valentine Gift Basket
A basket filled with a few of your significant other's favorite things shows you take notice of what she likes.
You can include items like:
- A favorite wine
- A stuffed animal
- Her favorite candy
- Her favorite romantic movie
- A lightweight spring scarf in a favorite color
- A bottle of her favorite perfume
Whatever else you give your love on Valentine's Day, be sure to include some flowers with your gift.
Popular choices include:
- Mixed bouquets
Giving candy on Valentine's Day is about as traditional as it gets. It might not be a very imaginative gift, but a box of truly high quality chocolates is sure to melt her heart.
Consider confections from top chocolatiers such as:
Jewelry is nearly always a hit on Valentine's Day. Think about the style your special woman likes to wear, and then look for complementary pieces.
She may enjoy:
- Having a ring engraved with a few words from a favorite poem or sone
- Giving her a charm bracelet that you can add to as the years go by
- Buying her a locket and adding photos of the two of you
- Purchasing earrings with stones that match the color of her eyes
- If she already has plenty of jewelry, consider giving her a large jewelry box, so she can organize it all in style.
While some people may think "practical" and "romantic" don't go together at all and a practical gift for Valentine's Day ranks right up there with giving a woman a vacuum cleaner for her birthday, some gift recipients actually prefer something they can put to use rather than something cute or even sentimental.
- Fuzzy slippers or moccasins
- A cozy bath robe
- Cooking equipment (only if the recipient is truly passionate about cooking!)
Valentine Gift Suggestions for Men
Choosing Valentine's Day gifts for men are a little trickier. Some men are charmed by gifts of flowers and candy. Others see such presents as challenges to their manhood. What can you give a man on February 14?
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing may be a practical gift, but it's a gift your guy can use over and over again.
- A nice tie and shirt combo
- Silk boxer shorts with hearts on them
- A nice quality watch
- A stylish tie tac
Is your guy into any sports? Giving him a gift that shows you support his pursuit of his hobbies will make him love you all the more.
Maybe he'd enjoy:
- Fishing gear
- Running gear
- A new bowling ball and bag
- A gift certificate to shop at his favorite sporting goods store, followed by lunch - your treat
Some men truly love being handy. If this sounds like your guy, consider giving him a new power tool to add to his collection. If you're not sure what to get, give him a gift certificate, so he can pick out what he really wants.
Perhaps he could use a:
- Power screwdriver
- Nail gun
Give the gift of a fun experience by getting your guy tickets to a special event.
Your man might like:
- Concert tickets to a band he wants to see
- Tickets to see his favorite sports team play
- Tickets to a monster truck competition if he's into that
Dinner and a Movie
Turn the tables on your guy, and take him out for a change. Let him pick out the movie and the restaurant, and don't show any disappointment if you're not crazy about his choices. This is your gift to him, and it's important that he enjoys it.
Thoughtful Gifts Impress the Most
You don't have to give the most expensive gift you can think of. You just need to give a gift that shows you truly care for your sweetheart and understand what he or she really likes. If you can do that, you'll give your love the most impressive gift of all.