Relationship compatibility questions can help you figure out if you are compatible with your boyfriend or girlfriend. Many couples wonder if they ended up with the right person, relationship compatibility tests can help couples know if they are compatible.
How Relationship Compatibility Tests Work
A compatibility relationship test takes qualities and interests of two people and matches them up. The more matches the couple has, the more compatible they are. However, some qualities and interests complement each other, so there are times when two people will have different answers but will still be compatible.
Devising a compatibility test is complex because there are many variables to look at when considering a love relationship. Dating isn't easy because there are so many different people to date. Relationship compatibility questions may not cover all of the compatible items but they give you a general idea of how well you will mesh with the person.
Examples of Relationship Compatibility Questions
Here is a fun exercise for you and your partner. Print out this section of the article and answer the following questions. Then give another copy to your mate and ask him or her to fill out the questions. Once you are both done, review your answers, and talk about the things you don't see eye to eye on.
- You're at work and you realize you left your planner at home. Do you go on with your day figuring if you forget something someone will let you know or do you dwell on it and let it ruin your day?
- You have made special plans you can't cancel for the weekend but the forecast says it's going to rain, do you make the best of it or do you complain about it the whole weekend?
- What is your idea of a long-term relationship?
- What is a healthy relationship?
- When arguing, do you yell or do you sit down and calmly talk about what is bothering you?
- What do you see yourself doing in five years?
- If deserted on an island, what three things would you want and why would you choose them?
- You've worked 10 hours and your boyfriend or girlfriend calls wanting to meet up with you. Do you meet with him or her or do you say you just want to go home and schedule another time?
- Your sexual passion hasn't been as high as it was in the beginning of your relationship, do you talk about it, deal with it or make changes to increase the romance?
- If you had a whole week to do things with your partner, what would you do?
- You and your boyfriend or girlfriend are going to watch a movie, what three types of movies would you choose?
- What is your religion?
- How committed are you to your religion?
- Would you rather stay home and have an intimate dinner or go out to a fancy restaurant?
- A group of friends want do to something you have wanted to do for a while but you made plans with your boyfriend or girlfriend, do you go, invite your partner, or tell your friends you can't go?
- When you go to a party, you talk to everyone that stands two feet away from you or you keep to yourself?
- Do you enjoy being by yourself or being around people, most of the time?
- Did you base your answers to the above questions on what you think your partner would answer?
Talking About the Answers
Remember, just because you and your mate may have different answers doesn't mean that you are not compatible. Talk about how you feel about the differences in the answers and if you can accept them. Compatibility also has a lot to do with how open and flexible each person is in a relationship.
Compatibility Questions Aren't Everything
Relationship compatibility questions won't tell you for sure if you have found your soul mate. The only way for you to know is to spend time with your boyfriend or girlfriend and see how the relationship evolves. You can use compatibility questions to help you conclude if someone is worth pursuing but don't rely on it to decide if you should end a relationship. Just have fun getting to know your future or current love interest!