NZ Personals is a website for "kiwi singles" who reside in the island nation of New Zealand and Australia.
Who Can Join
To be more specific, people can join NZ Personals if they live in the following areas:
- North Island, NZ
- South Island, NZ
- Australian Capital Territory
- Western Australia
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- New South Wales
New Zealand residents can enter the city in which they live, while Australia residents are limited to a broader geographic area.
Registering on the Site
Registering for NZ Personals is a very straightforward process. All it takes is clicking on "join up" and following these steps:
- Click the box for male, female or transgendered. If you are transgendered, you have the option of selecting transsexual, transvestite or cross dresser. You can also register as a couple, with the same options or as a group of three or more people.
- Create a log in name. It can contain letters, numbers, underscores and dashes and then click continue.
- Start creating your profile by filling out the questionnaire. It asks what you are seeking and who you would like to meet in specific detail. Note that some of the questions are adult in nature.
- Type up a heading and message for your personal ad. You can insert a variety of emoticons if you wish.
- Click on save.
Once your profile is set up and you have confirmed your email address, you can add photos. You must confirm your address within 72 hours by clicking on a link the site sends to you or the management will cancel your account. This site does allow x-rated images, including graphic nudity. You can set your profile options to allow you to view only G-rated pictures if you would rather not see them.
Finding People on NZ Personals
One way to quickly find people is to click on who's online. This will give you a selection of people that have recently logged in. You can filter this list by location and gender. You can also browse all of the listings by city, by keyword or through custom options. When you find someone you want to contact, you can click "add contact" to save the profile to your contacts list for easy access. You can also send an email type message to the person. Another way to meet people is to click on the chat option at the top of the page and just see who's talking.
Note that most people on NZ Personals are looking for intimate encounters, not for long-term relationships or marriage. If this is your goal, you may want to seek out another dating site.
Full Subscriber Option
If you want to come up as one of the first people when others conduct a search, consider becoming a full subscriber of NZ Personals. For a monthly fee, you can:
- Get a list of all the profiles you've looked at
- See who viewed your profile
- See who added you to his or her contact list
- Get the online status of your contacts
You can subscribe for a one month, three month, six month or 12 month term. NZ Personals advertises that renewals are cheaper than its initial fees. To find out current fees, click on "subscription fees" under the options menu on the right after you set up your profile. You can pay by credit card, direct deposit to an ASB or by check. The site does not accept American Express.
Canceling Your Membership
To cancel your NZ Personals membership, click on the options menu and go to unsubscribe. Only do this if you want your ad completely removed from the website. If someone in particular is bothering you, you can block all content from the person without having to leave. Just go to his or her profile and select "block" above his or her ad. You can have more broad blocking options, such as the ability to block all users that are married, if you are a full subscriber.