Dating clubs can be an excellent way to unite singles in a purposeful environment. One of the greatest challenges faced by the modern isolated single is simply the opportunity to meet other dating singles. The overarching advantage of many dating clubs is the ability to meet a wide pool of singles in an immediate face-to-face setting, though some clubs employ online measures as well.
Types of Dating Clubs
No matter what type of relationship you're looking for, there's probably a dating club that fits your needs.
Speed Dating Groups
If you're a busy professional in search of someone special, you've probably wondered if speed dating clubs are worth your time. Basically, speed dating lets members meet a wide variety of available singles within a short time period. Typically, each date lasts about eight minutes - just enough time to let you know if you're going to hit it off with a prospective mate.
There are general speed dating clubs as well as groups for singles of a particular age, ethnicity, or religion. While most clubs are located in larger cities, new groups are forming on a regular basis. To get started on your search for a club near you, check out:
Dating Groups for Millionaires
Do you believe in a traditional relationship where the husband builds his career while the wife maintains the family home? If so, you need a dating club that pairs successful businessmen with women.
- Millionaire's Club: Founded in 2000 by Patti Stanger, the Millionaire's Club is an exclusive organization that provides members with matchmaking services and relationship counseling. While men must pay a hefty enrollment fee to join this exclusive dating club, membership is free for eligible women.
Gay Dating Groups
Gay dating presents its own unique set of challenges. If you live in an area without a sizable homosexual population, it's often difficult to find a suitable mate. For this reason, many gay singles turn to dating clubs for assistance.
- Executive Gay Dating will provide matchmaking services and the assistance of professional relationship counselors. Members must complete a careful screening process and agree to privacy protection guidelines.
- BiCupid.com members can meet other bisexual singles for chats, cruises, or social events. This online dating club site caters to people in search of both serious relationships and casual flings.
Dinner Dating Clubs
Though not formally a dating club, some agencies unite singles over an innocuous dinner party.
- Table for Six helps to unite California singles over an innocuous dinner party. The group setting of six individuals helps to take an edge off the dating scene and provide singles with a social outlet that can often lead to romance. This service is only available in certain California cities, but it may soon pave the way for further like-minded agencies throughout the country.
- Eight at Eight pairs four men and four women who are matched up based on their preferences for age, education level, hobbies, children, professional level, and whether they smoke or not. These events take place in Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, and New York City.
People with more unusual interests also bond together for club dating throughout the United States and beyond. There are clubs for sexual fetishes, group sex, and polyamorous dating.
- The BackDrop Club, based in Northern California, offers support and events for people interested in playing out sexual fetishes and fantasies.
- LeatherSINS (Social Interaction of the North Shore) is a Chicago-area social club devoted to fetishes like leather, bondage, domination/submission, and sadomasochism.
Dating is much easier when you share the same beliefs about where your food comes from.
- Greensingles: Around for more than ten years, this site helps connect people interested in environmentalism, vegetarianism, and other ways of keeping our planet beautiful. The owners give 5% of their profits to earth-friendly, non-profit organizations.
- Veggieromance: This site gives 10% of its profits to VIVA!, a pro-vegetarian animal rights group.
- Veggiedate: Veggiedate is a project of Greenpeople, a directory of eco-friendly and holistic health products.
If you're a biker or you just love them, a biker's club may be just right for you.
- The Biker Dating Network: This site is just for bikers and people who love them. It's part of the larger TangoWire dating service.
Do brainy guys or girls turn you on more than anything? Find yourself an intellectual at a geek club.
- GeekDating at Tribe.net: The GeekDating forum is open to all "geeks" looking for love, dating advice, or local connections.
Local Club Dating
Not everyone enjoys meeting dates online. For people who would rather make connections in person, local interest groups combine fun activities with the chance to meet like-minded souls. Meetup.com has listings for thousands of activity and interest groups in various areas. There are knitting clubs, bible study groups, hiking groups, and hundreds more. It can take a while to settle in to one of these clubs, though, and there's no guarantee you'll meet other singles who are interested in dating. For dedicated singles club dating, try searching Meetup for "Singles." You're most likely to find singles groups in big cities, but some smaller towns have them, too. Memberships range from a few hopeful souls to several hundred. Some clubs are formed around interests like salsa dancing or certain age groups. Others are open to anyone.
You can also check the web for local groups like the Madison Area Singles Club in Madison, Wisconsin through Meetup.
Choosing the Right Club
Since there are many different types of dating clubs available, it may take a bit of research to find a club that's right for you. Before you join any dating service, remember to ask yourself the following questions:
- Is there a membership fee? What services will I get for this price?
- Do the members of this club share my interests? Are they looking for long-term relationships or casual encounters?
- What types of privacy or safety precautions does this club take?
- Can I cancel my membership if I decide the club isn't right for me?
It is also advisable to hunt around online for reviews of your favored dating club. Some active singles are prone to record their experiences with certain dating venues on the Internet. These stories can be very revealing as to the nature of many dating clubs and their actual efficacy and conduct.